Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • larrytheace1
    25 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:13 PM

impossible to make putts when camera  angle is a mile away, or at ground level

and you can't see the hole

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:42 PM

Remember to use the reverse camera angle feature - Lower right hand corner of the page shows a camera icon you can click on to show you the view from behind the hole..Very helpful to understanding the slope break and potential speed of a putt. Go to the putting primer under FAQs for more detailed information - then go to a practice game and putt putt putt!

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:00 PM

Waquoitwonder:

Remember to use the reverse camera angle feature 

Absolutely!  I ALWAYS putt from that view.  You get a better idea of what the putt is going to do at the end.  I'm not the greatest putter by any means, but I feel putting from the reverse view gives me a better feel for the putt.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 5:00 PM

Waquoitwonder:

Remember to use the reverse camera angle feature 

Absolutely!  I ALWAYS putt from that view.  You get a better idea of what the putt is going to do at the end.  I'm not the greatest putter by any means, but I feel putting from the reverse view gives me a better feel for the putt.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 7 2014 6:09 PM

Not forgetting 'Chip View' .

It only has a small range...  Not sure, I think 20ft to pin. 

If your struggling to read the dots, like I am most of the time now...lol    Reverse View and Chip View will give you a better read.

One thing though...  make sure you change from Chip to Putt before you hit your putt...lol  and also look at the meter....  the putting scale.  If you changed your putting scale in chip view... when you go back to Putt...   it will change back to the default scale

-Roger

• masnaktip
    340 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 4:43 AM

larrytheace1:

impossible to make putts when camera  angle is a mile away, or at ground level

and you can't see the hole

Why are you interested in putting all you do is play Blitz?

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 8:36 AM

masnaktip:

[Why are you interested in putting all you do is play Blitz?

The reason he plays blitz may be hidden in his original question ;)

• BillyGo
    98 Posts
    Sat, Mar 8 2014 9:49 AM

Thank you kind Sir. Well stated. Not too much putting in Blitz :) Billy

• larrytheace1
    25 Posts
    Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:59 PM

I enjoy playing stroke games as well as blitz to have fun and talk to people,

I have been playing for two and half months not four years or two years like you,

I didn't realize that I would be grilled for asking what I can do to help my game because am so new, I didn't know playing blitz was such a sin. sorry

I thought the point was to have fun get more experience.

There sure are a lot of angry unhappy people

its just a game

P.S thank you to the earlier posters with the respectfull constructive input, THANK YOU

(Chill) life is to short

have a nice day! 

• ParFortyseven
    60 Posts
    Sun, Mar 9 2014 1:43 PM

Dear Larrythe ace1:

I am with you, my friend.  I play for the fun of it and many times I play horribly, especially on those #@%&$*& uneven lies.  They make the game for guys like me a real chore instead of fun.  Is there a tutorial for them???  The other thing I loathe is long shots onto hugely elevated greens;  I cannot stop a ball on one of them if my life depended upon it!

If it is any help to you, I have discovered that if I adjust for the grain (left or right) I need to either pull or push the putt as well to keep it on course.  I have learned distance pretty well (75 - 80% for very fast, 60 - 70% for tournament, 90% for fast,  100% for normal and 110 - 120% for slow) and I am gaining confidence in direction.  Too many times, however, I say after a putt:  "Right speed, wrong read."

There is a putting CTTH, I believe, that one can play without affecting one's average score.  Perhaps you could try it.  Above all though, just have fun and do not let it become a source of aggravation.

P-47

RSS