Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 4:17 AM

Simple: Play more break! On #5 at Merion, you ara above the hole and playing Tournament speed greens, well, it is extremely difficult to stop the putt anywhere near the hole...You could try playing more break with a bit more speed and hitting the putt almost immediately after you've got aim and power set up. With wide dispersion, you might get the ball somewhat close. The longer you wait to putt and the longer you allow the meter to narrow, the tighter the dispersion and the greater the chance that if you do not hit the ding, you will mss the putt.Try the new Merion 9 hole games at civilian speed. That'll also help. But generally, play MORE break! It is very much like a real golf experience!

• rondmil
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:48 PM

Thanks...I do tend to wait...and I'll widen the break spread too...maybe that'll help at Oakmont as well..........appreciate the feedback..

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Wed, Jul 3 2013 2:25 PM

I also think that one very cool innovation that would help us all improve and truly replicate the real golf experience, is a virtual driving range, chipping, bunker,  and pitching area and putting green complex.While I am slowly getting the hang of putting, I ruin more rounds with less than stellar sand shots, muffed chips, and hacked pitches..I ca say that this is far too realistic and reminiscent of my actual golf game!!

• a123688
    48 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2013 1:57 PM

Thanks for the good putting guide!

• MIzychard
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 12:56 PM

nice  1   dude

• normnjs
    51 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 9:03 PM

does anyone have recommendation for putter. I have Rosa now works pretty good for me.

but thinking about trying new 1 any recommendations and why u like it. txs

Norm

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sat, Sep 21 2013 10:31 PM

you say your getting the hang of  putting   cool how about

letting me in on it cause im struggling a lot of times.

• p14b
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 22 2013 5:00 AM

I dont follow this ?, so for a 30ft with 5 steps each step is 6ft ,so r u saying that the only powers available to me r ,6ft,12ft,18ft,24ft & 30ft,  so if i pull back only half way on the yellow marker gauge to what should be 15FT , buy your rules iv only completed 2 steps(12ft) as the 3rd step comes at 18ft, so half way is not 15ft its 12ft, even trying to write this dont make sense, 

thx pb

• SantaClaus50
    5 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2013 3:37 PM

OK great learned a little, how about the break though any tricks for that or did I miss it?

• jgsquared
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 6:02 PM

I am getting extremely frustrated by the fast greens. Seems like I had more success a few yers ago with the slower greens.

Suggest you adjust green speed according to player's abilities and also have a PRACTICE PUTTING AREA so that we don't need to play a full round to practice putting.

RSS