Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • guille264
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 1:13 PM

when I am putting from the fringe I find that my putter is automatically set to the 150 foot scale. I have blown many putts off the other side of the green because I carelessly didn't look a the scale assuming it would automatically et to the 30 foot scale it ruins my round and maybe WGT will change this if others complain as well.

thanks

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 7:57 AM

really?

Go back to EA sports and TW, close the door on the way out......Dude!!

JStanfield2:

Whatever dude, I'll try this I guess, I'm a golf professional and the putting sim's on this game suck!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:07 AM

JStanfield2:

Whatever dude, I'll try this I guess, I'm a golf professional and the putting sim's on this game suck!!

If you're really a pro then would you be so kind as to tell us, in specific pro-like terms, how the putting here differs from putting on real greens?

Oh, and you might want to try a putter different than the starter putter.

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2013 11:28 AM

NEVER assume!!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:53 AM

guille264:

when I am putting from the fringe I find that my putter is automatically set to the 150 foot scale. I have blown many putts off the other side of the green because I carelessly didn't look a the scale assuming it would automatically et to the 30 foot scale it ruins my round and maybe WGT will change this if others complain as well.

thanks

Yep, I've fallen into that trap many a time in the past.  It's been like that since day dot I think. I make sure I look at the meter scale before each putt now, because the game can give you the wrong scale on the green aswell

-Roger

• Waquoitwonder
    66 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:09 AM

This is a very realistic golf game. If you were actually playing golf, you would actively consider which club you would use and how much force to exert in making a swing. This game is no different. The default to a large force for a fringe putt simply means that the programmers who implemented the default for a fringe putt set it at one place - 150 feet. Programming in variable settings depending upon where you are on the fringe is not an easy challenge, I would assume ( I am NOT a programmer!). Before ANY shot in real life golf or WGT, you should assess the lie of the shot, the wind, the elevation before deciding which club to use and how hard to hit it. That's what makes this game such a great and interesting challenge. To become proficient, check all the variables before striking a shot.

• 1luca1
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2013 7:22 PM

thansk for the tutorial. the putting is way too difficult. makes this game no fun.

• rondmil
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2013 5:26 PM

Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong ? For instance,I'm playing Merion...I have a 28 ft putt with extreme break from right to left.I move the flag position right to where I think the putt needs to be aimed..I begin the putt stroke..hit the "excellent" mark..and the putt doen't go in the direction I aimed at all..ending hole high but 12 ft left ! This frequently happens and it's really frustrating....anybody have some advice ?

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:34 PM

rondmil:
    Can somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong ? For instance,I'm playing Merion

Question answered.

• rondmil
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2013 5:44 PM

Hahahaha....truth..

RSS