Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • michele56
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 8:55 PM

I can't putt, make no progress.

I miss lots of putts inside 10 feets, don't judge the line well, not a distance problem  but just don't arrive to judge well the line, my putt finish just next too the hole.

My last exemple, 66 on kiawah, all the holes inside 10 feets for birdie, miss almost  everything, and when i make the putt,  is when i'm just 3, 4 feets of the hole.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:37 PM

michele56:

My last exemple, 66 on kiawah, all the holes inside 10 feets for birdie, miss almost  everything, and when i make the putt,  is when i'm just 3, 4 feets of the hole.

I hear you on that, Michele.  Kiawah is the most difficult course for me to putt.  Every putt outside 4 feet seems to break one way and then the other.  Some of the breaks that the greens show are not accurate, I don't believe.  Putts that show a break one way but don't break at all.. or vice versa.  

• michele56
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:21 PM

CMcCartney727:

michele56:

I hear you on that, Michele.  Kiawah is the most difficult course for me to putt.  Every putt outside 4 feet seems to break one way and then the other.  Some of the breaks that the greens show are not accurate, I don't believe.  Putts that show a break one way but don't break at all.. or vice versa.  

Thank you  CM, i'm confused, just lost my confidence in my putts with that.

When i have an approach, i said too myself, michèle, glue the ball near the hole lol, or you'll miss the putt for birdie, if not inside 5 feets

And after that, i sleep bad, thinking of all the putts i miss lol

Oh just see your a tour legend player, congratulation, impressive stats CM

• CLICKER1
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 10:58 AM

none of this helps if  when u are on the green and you cant see the putting grid because of a bad camera angel..... need to fix this prob

• CLICKER1
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 11:50 AM

none of this helps if  when u are on the green and you cant see the putting grid because of a bad camera angel..... need to fix this prob

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 2:46 PM

My putting is bad most times i;ve tryed missing the ding and the reverse view.

seems everything i do is wrong i have 2 lost my confidence in my game.

Plus like he said some of it is due 2 bad camera angles wish they would fix it.

• adderal
    25 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2013 12:58 PM

Exactly right ..putting is everything and this post was very helpful. Thanks for your time.  

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, May 9 2013 5:58 AM

• NPayne1
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 10:04 AM

Putting SUCKS on this game! I like the game but the putting is awful!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 10:56 AM

ScottHope:
    I feel a bit silly asking this as a legend but my question is in the video for better clarification.

Your margin for error shrinks.

RSS