Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • TRABLAH
    210 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 3:14 AM

mpay:

thanks these tips helped me to stop 3 and 4 putting now if anyone has suggestions on how to read the brakes or adjust for the green speed would be very helpful

That's all covered by item  #7 of hyjuki's post above.......LOL

• mpay
    7 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:13 AM

i already do enough of that it doesn't always help!!!   lol

• mpay
    7 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 11:15 AM

do you have one for the spider putter at L19

email ramonmp87@yahoo.com

• mratlndmrk
    7 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 11:40 AM

My formula is similar so I'll put it out there in case it helps someone.

Slow = 1.15

Standard = 1.05

Fast - 1.00

Very Fast = .88

Tourney = .78

Then I add 1 or 2 feet to get by the hole and add/subtract the uphill/downhill

I.E.... 22 foot putt uphill 4 inches on very fast green.

22+ 2(past hole) + 4 (uphill)  X .85 (very fast) / meter scale = % of meter to hit it

28 X .85 = 23.8      23.8 / 25 (if you have a 25 meter scale) = 95.2% hit

The other thing I do is I use an early hit or a late hit to direct the ball when the break is not excessive. For example if I have a putt that is slightly breaking right I aim directly at the hole but make sure I hit the putt slight to the left of the "ding". The more the break, the further I "pull" it.  Just note that when you "pull" or "push" it a lot it will take some of the speed out of it and you need to hit it a little harder.

• mpay
    7 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2012 12:23 PM

thanks i'll try it hope it will help

• ValiV37
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 10:06 AM

Very helpfull ,thank you .Hope to see more advices about putting especially . The pictures are helping too

The Bonus tip regarding the female avatar , i'll not forget :)

• mutan
    13 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:29 PM

Salut et merci pour ces infos je cherche également des joueurs j'ai le niveau l1 je commence seulement mais je préfère jouer contre ou avec des partenaires .Dans se magnifique jeux je suis MUTAN " pseudo "  ah ah Il est vrai que le dosage reste difficile mais je pense LA PRATIQUE LA PRATIQUE ET TOUJOURS LA PRATIQUE 

Merci à tous MUTAN

• doingdishes
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:37 PM

It's amazing how much this helped me.  I was making anywhere between 4-5 putts per hole  because I was having trouble with the distance.. After reading this I took a practice round and I was shocked to find out I only made 27 putts in that round.... I was so happy to have learned this and now I don't even realize i am counting movements anymore.. It's second nature...

• SgtScramble
    30 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 11:39 AM

This post makes putting so easy now, I would like to thank nivlac and all the posters who have given their calculations for distance, this has taken me from 3 and 4 putts to 1-3 putts almost overnight.

• digginforoil
    448 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:43 PM

thanks for the formulas >>>

working on them for the New Nike method >>any ideas ??

RSS