Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2009 6:41 AM

Yup, very good tip indeed. Thanks a bunch. Now if I could just get you to aim them for me =) I had seen this putter movement but did not know what, if anything, to make of it. Thank you for bringing it into light, best tip I've seen.

• GLGSALES
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2009 3:17 PM

I think judging the little white dots is important as well. I play TW 09' and it has those dots going both left-right anf up-down on the green giving you a really accurate slope reading. Of course you still have to line it up and swing the proper amount and if you don't hit the club dead center... well just like in the real game it's a push or pull .

Has anyone done any bump and run type shots successfully?

• gjtbackwards
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2009 10:44 AM

Speaking of hitting the shot dead center... is anyone else finding the mechanics of putting infuriating.  I've got a 5 ft putt with little to no break and I hit the shot a fraction off the center line and I miss wildly.  There's got to be a little bit of give when it comes to hitting the shot dead center.

Putting in real life isn't even this difficult.

P.S. - I should have first thanked the creator of this thread for the tips.  They've helped... not enough to make me competitive, but helped none the less.

• AllanA
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 3:36 PM

good lookin out !.........very helpful!!!!!

• RRSMYSER
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 9:06 AM

Excellent, I'll print it out and read it over and over.  Keep up the tips.  let's play some time RRSMYSER, TIER PRO 88, putting is killing me...

thanks Robert

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 1:51 PM

Bump and run... well, I've done chips that travel in the air a short distance and roll a lot.  First you must be on the fairway (not in the rough) and then you select "chip" and a 7 iron.  and make sure the terrain is pretty flat, that you're not going uphill to the green.  Enjoy.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 11:12 AM

Now I'm not the greatest putter here, but if you have difficulty seeing the line to the hole on a putt, you can always hit the reverse and see the straight line.  I like to use the reverse angle and the zoom a lot because sometimes you just don't see the hole right.  This works good with chips, pitches, and flops, though I think the flop option here doesn't work right because it always rolls more than it should after it hits the ground....  don't flops normally stick pretty much where they land?  Thanks for the tutorial though....  My biggest problem with putting is hitting the bullseye if you know what I mean....  on short putts it doesn't matter much if you are perfect or excellent but on putts over 7 feet it starts to throw you off more.  and also a miss hit tends to take some of your power away also.  Thanks

• kristian27
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 12:51 PM

thanks for the help..but it seems that on putts it's nearly impossible to make it in unless you hit it on the sweespot every time

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 1:27 PM

But, as in real life, a mis-aim and a mis-hit will do the trick, too.  Otherwise, you are correct... a straight in 10 foot putt not struck in the center of the meter will miss.  And that's what they make double gin & tonics for.

• JohnnyHexx
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 1:31 PM

I have given up on trying to hit the putting stripe...I just can't do it consistently.  What I have been doing instead is if it is a minor break...one where I would aim one or two cups outside the hole...I plan on missing hte stripe on purpose on whatever side it needs to go.  This has helped my putting a lot.  You need to add a little to the power as it will not give you full power when u miss the stripe.

Remember when putting in reverse angle that you need to miss the stripe on the opposite side you want the putt to go...

RSS