Help › Forums

Does anybody play just to play golf?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 7 2018 10:34 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:01 AM

I’m just curious. Relatively new to the game, about three months, and I participate because I like to play golf. The stroke play competitions along with the tiers and level advancements are nice additional inducements, but my primary purpose is to play golf in a virtual environment. Yet I have noticed a very strong competitive force operating here and I began to wonder. Is it OK to just want to play golf and try to score a low round or is this primarily a head-to-head competitive environment?

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 11:20 AM

Greetings, There are lots of WGT golfers who just like to play golf.  There are a wide variety of country club opportunities for players who are very competitive and also for social golfers who just like to play.  I would suggest investigating some of the established Country Clubs to see if one or more seems to fit your style of play.  Even in some competitive clubs there should usuually be some folks who will play a friindly game.  Many of the old timers enjoy helping newer players learn the game and improving their skill  If you see me green, hit me up for a game. I always enjoy a friendly round.  

• TitoFrefree
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2018 7:25 AM

Hello Cicero, I'm in it to just play golf.  I've been a Tiger Woods game fan for the PlayStation since 2005.  I'm in it to just play golf.  If you ever want a match, add me as a friend, and we'll play. 
    I'm not in to the competitive aspect of the game, except for on myself.

I'm on the tablet version though

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2018 11:41 AM

Cicero733:

I’m just curious. Relatively new to the game, about three months, and I participate because I like to play golf. The stroke play competitions along with the tiers and level advancements are nice additional inducements, but my primary purpose is to play golf in a virtual environment. Yet I have noticed a very strong competitive force operating here and I began to wonder. Is it OK to just want to play golf and try to score a low round or is this primarily a head-to-head competitive environment?

You don't mention which version of WGT your are playing on, your options are severely limited if you are playing the mobile version on a phone or tablet, There are so many more options if you are playing the web version on a PC or a Mac. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2018 2:45 PM

Im one of those who just play because i like Golf, thats was the main reason i use to join to this game/site, as also play other two Golf games, all of them in PC, as the others users can say, this game gain a lot in therms of playability if is played in PC, IMHO

Is a good game of Golf, also for who just want play Golf, if also want be in the ''top'' group of ''low scores players''...well some things are needed, spent a lot of money..time & be quite obsesed by scores..avg & stats

I play ''just for play Golf'', but ofcourse i also like do well to have more joy

It's also know the game has become with the past of the time more and more ''best of Golf Balls'', than ''world golf tour'', but is what it is 

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 9:24 PM

It's perfectly fine to play just for the sake of playing. 

I have some friends I play rounds with on a regular basis. We play just for fun and use TeamSpeak to talk while playing. It can get hilarious at times, just like being out with some friends for real life round.

It makes the game much more enjoyable when you can do that.

Don't get me wrong, there are times I want a good competitive round against better players, but those are few and far between. 

Find some friends that have the same idea of the game as you and have some fun.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 10:19 PM

Hi Guys

SlicedPepper:

It's perfectly fine to play just for the sake of playing. 

I have some friends I play rounds with on a regular basis. We play just for fun and use TeamSpeak to talk while playing. It can get hilarious at times, just like being out with some friends for real life round.

That just about sums it up. In real life I'm no golfer, on line it's stretching the term a bit too at times. Through this game though, I've met some great people. No matter wether it's golf, soccer or pool at the end of the day it's a game. Nobody should ever lose sight of that.

The game/site itself is a means to an end. It's the people you meet, the friends that you make that are important. They stay.

All that virtual c~~p doesn't mean a thing.

Cheers!

Rich

• System3
    47 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:19 PM

I like to golf....   I play for fun. All but a few here are the same.

I am only 64 yrs old but I have a bad back & cant go beyond chip & put in

the real world. Not being able to play real golf is one of my biggest regrets

in life so this is a good fill in for me.

C U later   Tom

LFOD !

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 1:41 PM

Cicero733:

aye mate, you will find a lot of people take this game waaaaaay too seriously, I mean I find it odd because as you stated, it is just a game! Especially after you've accumulated a lot of credits - winning more really isn't the goal (at least for me), just having fun rounds and trying to shoot low scores is entertainment enough. Some chaps feel the need to be the absolute best, but I find that to be unhealthy (mentally) and a tenuous situation. If you see some players youtube video's of streamed rounds (I won't mention any names specifically), it's as if they won a million bucks in the lottery with the sheer excitement after a tough made putt. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" fist pump, fist pump, "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" is a tad over the top for my liking lol. Have fun playing this wicked game mate, welcome aboard!

• PAGES
RSS