Forums

Help › Forums

We are Looking for New Members at the Auld Muckers Country Club.

Fri, Jun 7 2019 11:52 AM (85 replies)
  • boleon74
    865 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 4:36 AM

The Auld Muckers County Club are looking for new members to join our small but very active and friendly club. If you are interested or would like more information, please message the owner GBP1705 (Bill) or any of the directors and we will be happy to help you.

THE AULD MUCKERS SOCIETY

We are a UK based club and normally play to UK times but are very happy to have members from all over. The Muckers are looking for players of all ranks who want to improve their game with a friendly atmosphere and a good bit of banter.

We are not an XP based club. We do ask players when they play to use their pass for their first game, but this is to help them advance, not the club (and never to buy a pass if you don't want to). All we ask is for everyone to be friendly, active and have fun!

So, what is going on in the Auld Muckers?

Muckers League.

A great way to meet other members and have a great friendly competition. Every member of the club is entered into the Leagues. Divisions 1 and below, play eight 9 holes Match Play games home and away each month. So, pick a course for your home match you feel is your best chance of winning. Each month 2 players advance to the next division and 2 get relegated.

Can you make it to the Premiership and win?

This is the only part of the membership in the club that is MANDATORY and all Muckers are expected to complete all their matches within each month. Because of this, all members must be able to play on a computer or laptop.

Skype Chat Room.

A place to make it easy to arrange games.

Get advice on how to play your games and which shots work best in different circumstances and how to play them.

Or just to chat and have a laugh with other Muckers.

Back to the Start Tournament.  

Enter if you wish,

The hardest but most fair competition you will ever enter on WGT. All players go right back to the start with their clubs and ball that WGT gave them when they first started playing. Rank and Level mean nothing in this. Played in 18 holes stroke play, Bracket format. Winner gets a sleeve of Balls of their choice and Mr Golf Ball Man Trophy on their wall.

Scotland v England 

Enter if you wish,

The Muckers version of the Ryder Cup. Game rounds played in different formats. Which team will win? Bragging rights and banter a plenty, but all in good fun.

The Auld Muckers Open Championship.

Enter if you wish,

A competition split into Legends and above and Tour Maters and below.

Played over every course on WGT, Stroke play and Closest to the Hole. Placing means points, points mean advancing, Advancing means Prizes. Got to be in it to win it. Course set each week in both formats unlimited play so if you feel you should have done better just play it again.

Mucker Pairs Bracket Tournament. (New)

Enter if you wish,

Simply make a pair up with another member of Muckers. Give yourself's a team name sillier the better and enter it into the tournament. Placing picked live on Skype with random draw. Played in 18 hole alternate shot on set course for each round. Winners advancing to next round. Winning pair get a sleeve of balls of their choice and Trophy on their wall with all the bragging rights. 

Shot of the Month.

Enter if you wish.

If you do that shot that is so stunning (for being so good or for being so bad and funny and ends up being good) and that you should win something for it, save it and enter it here and you could win some balls. If it's scored the best shot of the month.

And

SO! SO! Many more competitions but we don't want to overload you.

Sound good right so come on join the Auld Muckers Country Club and meet other friendly players and bring something different to your game.

See you in the Club House.

• Kazza13
    204 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:07 AM

Nice post, would agree this is a very active club, I would like to see a few more females joining to keep me company!!!!

• BugsyTwo0
    492 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:50 AM

Great Club, good mates, fun!

Seriously!

• bigjoeman07
    1,534 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 10:31 AM

Very enjoyable club, and best of all.... I`m in it :)

Seriously though, good fun and a great bunch of players.

• wretchedputter
    438 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 12:35 PM

Agreed, lady golfers are under represented, so much so I have to wear a kilt :)

Seriously though, if you want a club which is aimed at helping players improve their game AND have a bit of banter this is the place to be.

The mandatory league games means there can be no cliques as everyone has to play the other members of the league and the movement up and down each month brings new. or old, friends together.

This is a Country Club that puts bringing members together above gaining Club XP points, we still want to win the CC v CC comps but do it by helping members reach their potential to enable them to perform to their best.

Give us a try before you buy - invite a member for a game :)

regards

wretch

• boleon74
    865 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 12:51 AM

Kazza13:

I would like to see a few more females joining to keep me company!!!!

Kazza,

I completely agree, it would be great to see more lady's in the Muckers.

Hopefully the WGT lady's will see this and join the Muckers where i feel they well be very welcome and teach the men a thing or to about playing this game.

• boleon74
    865 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:07 AM

wretchedputter:

Agreed, lady golfers are under represented, so much so I have to wear a kilt :)

Seriously though, if you want a club which is aimed at helping players improve their game AND have a bit of banter this is the place to be.

The mandatory league games means there can be no cliques as everyone has to play the other members of the league and the movement up and down each month brings new. or old, friends together.

Give us a try before you buy - invite a member for a game :)

regards

wretch

Wretch, i think your legs look great in that Kilt. lol.

Thanks for the post mate, We are not bothered about being the club with the biggest xp and highest level. What we want is players to be happy playing their best against other Muckers. Having fun and getting to know each other.

The Leagues also help players improve their game faster as they want to move up the table. 8 games a month is not a lot to ask and some player get their matches finished within 2 weeks.

• boleon74
    865 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:43 AM

BUMP

• boleon74
    865 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:18 AM

BUMP

• BHarrison2717
    122 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:43 AM

very good club loads to do