Forums

Help › Forums

Somebody help!

Mon, Nov 19 2018 6:07 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Charlly92
    856 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 7:42 PM

Could someone please tell me what the symbols next to Brian2353 & cfcabill mean?

Does it mean they are mobile players? I'm pretty sure they are, is why I ask.

But then again, if it does mean that, why isnt it shown for all mobile players?

Asking for a friend

Hehee

Charlly :)

x

• pmm711
    5,494 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:24 PM

It means those players are currently logged on and only playing via mobile. Some people, like me, play both formats. That symbol tells others how you’re playing atm.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:32 AM

Charlly also seems to be pointing out a glitch. There have been times when I invite a friend to play who shows a green dot for being available and then I get the cross platform message. 

So, as she asks, why isn't it shown for all mobile players? Answer, naturally, is that there is a glitch.

• craigswan
    30,805 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:35 AM

"the best way to get the right answer on this forum  is not to ask a question, but to post the wrong answer."

• pmm711
    5,494 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:22 AM

HackWilson1930:

Charlly also seems to be pointing out a glitch. There have been times when I invite a friend to play who shows a green dot for being available and then I get the cross platform message. 

So, as she asks, why isn't it shown for all mobile players? Answer, naturally, is that there is a glitch.

I just tested this with some alt-shot buds and it appears if I start a round on PC, and then login to use my mobile to finish it, but keep the PC gameclient open, I stay "green" and the mobile image doesn't appear.  As there's still a "green dot" next to my name they can try to "invite" me to play Alt-Shot, but they get the cross-platform error msg. 

The mobile icon is displayed when I log out from the gameclient and log back in via mobile and start a round.

So, I wouldn't call it a glitch.  It's just the method of play can't be differentiated when both platforms remain open.  If anything, a glitch might be I stay "green" and don't show as "busy".  I guess it's a different server you log on to play when using a mobile device.

It's hard for me to test all the scenarios as my buds who assisted are solely PC-based players.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 7:32 AM

I thought the mobile sign is when they are actually playing a round otherwise they will be green

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:39 AM

HackWilson1930:

They might not actually be playing. But watching videos or doing surveys. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 11:03 AM

borntobesting:
    They might not actually be playing. But watching videos or doing surveys. 

This is "me" most of the time I am "on"....

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:16 PM

pmm711:

That symbol tells others how you’re playing atm.

Hi Paul

Mine never seems to work : ))

Cheers!

Rich

• PAGES
RSS