WGT Country Club Pass

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 16 2024 3:30 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheLordJulien
    139 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:59 AM

Hello

I have a short comment on the WGT Country Club Pass usage. Actually it's my only comment on the game as a whole since I been playing non-stop since 2011, I just love every single bit of it.

However, regarding the CC pass, I would like to give my comment on how it is used. There should be a way where the pass is still useable when a player does not complete a round.

I usually use the pass in Stroke Play tournaments, and sometimes things go bad and I withdraw. The pass being used should still be available for use even if I withdraw. It's a waste to spend credits on this item and then lose it once you play a bad round and wish to withdraw or restart. 

Don't get me wrong, the price for this item is very affordable and no need to change it. However, the usage should be enhanced whereby it is only consumed when a player finishes a round and not any round even if a player withdraws. This way, no one will feel bad wasting money on the item, cause at this stage this is how it makes me feel.

Anyways, WGT is simply the best and the only game I ever played online. I been here since a very long time and I might get married and get kids and still play here, that's how awesome this game is, so please take my comment into consideration.

Regards

LJ

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 8:47 PM

I don't see WGT changing this since they make money at it and choosing to use the pass is optional.  I see it as a penalty for quitting a game that already has the pass applied.

• Ketket1
    6,887 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 11:08 PM

I've never understood why members WD from a round of golf other than to preserve their average. In real golf, you can't withdraw just because you're having a bad round. You have good rounds, you have bad rounds. Probably more bad than good but that's golf. 

Don't withdraw. Even a bad round earns XP for your club. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:49 AM

Ketket1:
    I've never understood why members WD from a round of golf other than to preserve their average.
    I'm afraid you haven't understood WGT's average calculations. Be informed that it's plain bs to "protect" or "preserve" the average by avoiding bad scores.

Bad scores are eliminated by themselves, once saturation kicks in. The ability to get a lower average and eventually tier up will not, I repeat NOT be affected by any bad score.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:58 AM

TheLordJulien:
    There should be a way where the pass is still useable when a player does not complete a round.
    If you used the pass the good way, you will have used it with your first shot of the game. This event early in the game triggers the CDP bonus which, over time, contributes more than anything else to the XPs of CCs and players.

TheLordJulien:
    It's a waste to spend credits on this item [...]
    Period. (pardon me cutting your text)

I have still to be informed which benefit would justify to pay for any passes, when you can easily grab the CDP bonus with a free pass.

• TheLordJulien
    139 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 10:19 AM

Thanks for your reply.

I quite agree with your point, but well it's just a suggestion from my side since I like to use the pass to enhance the club's points. Anyways at the end of the day there is always the free pass which is a great gesture from WGT and of course it's a boost on the first game of the day. Must make use of it the most and then use the rest wisely.

Thanks again.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 9:29 PM

As the owner of a new+small CC like yours, the urge to enhance the CC level is bigger of course. Still, /methinks that it's over the top to buy multiple passes per day. Have a look how low the points addition is for certain games - and you block yourself from receiving any free pass, which will come only 12 hours after you brought the pass count to zero.

It may be more worthy to look for members ;)

• Ketket1
    6,887 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 11:13 PM

alosso:

Ketket1:
    I've never understood why members WD from a round of golf other than to preserve their average.
    I'm afraid you haven't understood WGT's average calculations. Be informed that it's plain bs to "protect" or "preserve" the average by avoiding bad scores.

Bad scores are eliminated by themselves, once saturation kicks in. The ability to get a lower average and eventually tier up will not, I repeat NOT be affected by any bad score.

Alosso, I understand perfectly how the averages are calculated. I am fully aware that, once a player reaches saturation point, bad scores don't count. But until such time as they reach saturation point, bad scores DO count and the more bad scores, the longer it takes them to get good scores that offset those bad scores. So it's not "plain bs" to protect or preserve the average by avoiding bad scores. Avoiding bad scores helps someone Tier up quicker.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 9:44 AM

Ketket1:
    But until such time as they reach saturation point, bad scores DO count and the more bad scores, the longer it takes them to get good scores that offset those bad scores. So it's not "plain bs" to protect or preserve the average by avoiding bad scores. Avoiding bad scores helps someone Tier up quicker.

Actually, the opposite is true. By withdrawing, a person is taking longer to get to saturation. The longer it takes to get to saturation, the longer it takes to reduce an average. 

By withdrawing to "protect the average,"  the person has just wasted a round that would have helped move them toward saturation. In other words, if a person only completes "good" rounds and not all rounds, it will take the person longer to reach saturation, which ultimately impacts tiering up. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 1:45 PM
    Robert1893:

Ketket1:
    But until such time as they reach saturation point, bad scores DO count and the more bad scores, the longer it takes them to get good scores that offset those bad scores. So it's not "plain bs" to protect or preserve the average by avoiding bad scores. Avoiding bad scores helps someone Tier up quicker.

Actually, the opposite is true. By withdrawing, a person is taking longer to get to saturation. The longer it takes to get to saturation, the longer it takes to reduce an average. 

By withdrawing to "protect the average,"  the person has just wasted a round that would have helped move them toward saturation. In other words, if a person only completes "good" rounds and not all rounds, it will take the person longer to reach saturation, which ultimately impacts tiering up. 

Not only is it true, what Robert is telling you, if you understand the saturation process, then you would realize that preserving an average is a cop out. During the saturation process, yes your avg. will jump around like a frog. But once you reach the saturation point, your avg. will drop like a rock. ie, if you want to achieve a 60 avg, and somewhere you fired a 40 ( which is an 80) after saturation, the very next score you shoot, that's lower than a 40, the score of 40 is then thrown out of the scores used for your avg. Your average starts dropping faster than the titanic.
  • PAGES
RSS