Forums

Help › Forums

Fixed games

Wed, Mar 10 2021 9:24 AM (34 replies)
  • ScottDave69
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 2:31 AM

I am fed up with this game. After years of playing on line games I should realise that unless you spend money on it the game and its programmers will penalise you constantly.

Everyone can easily blame someone else, but over the last few weeks I've been researching my game and how my consistency isn't reflected in my shots. I'll give you an example: I understand wind, lies, clubs, balls, where to aim shots etc; so how come whenever I play the 17th at St Andrews and I'm well below par the game does what it wants. If I'm above par it doesn't. I direct the shot to go to the right of the pin it does what I say. I'm under par and I can place the pointer in the middle of St Andrews town centre and slice it, the ball still goes where it wants to go, towards the pot bunker below the green. It also only happens on tournaments; a practice round does what it says.

How about a 30 yard pitch; same conditions every time and pitching a sand wedge will go 37 yards or 19 yards or whatever it feels like, it just won't do what you want it to do. I played the same shot from the front of the 18th at St Andrews with the same club in the same conditions from almost the same place and the above happened. I wouldn't mind if this was a rare thing that mirrors conditions on a golf course, it only ever happens in meaningful rounds.

If this is some kind of subliminal advertising to get me to spend money on WGT then it clearly hasn't worked because why would I spend money upgrading all my stuff if the same sh*t happens and how would I feel if I did that and my game suddenly got better knowing that I'd been conned by a programmer who basically decides how good I am by the amount of money I spend?

If there was a decent golf game available for my PC I'd dump this fixed travesty for something I have more control over, but sadly there isn't. I refuse to use the internet to do any monetary transactions - because, you know, I don't trust it (and given the amount of hacks that take place neither should most of you) - so basically I'm f**ked. I have to put up with this BS from an algorithm or risk my cyber security to pay a bunch of worthless c**ts to make myself think I've improved.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 2:55 AM

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 4:53 AM

Frustration and golf are the two sides of the same coin. I practice my swing over and over. I then stand on the tee at the third hole of my club. I look at a 108 yard carry over water to a relatively flat green with bunkers left and right and deep rough and woods behind.

Most days I chock up on 8i and most times have great success. Most days. But for whatever reason, about 25% of the time that shot goes astray. In two months time I have buried 4 balls in the water and 2 lost in the rough behind the green. Why, I keep asking. Same conditions, same club, same grip, same swing. Golf Gods against me?

The answer is, wait for it,.......GOLF!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 5:17 AM

I can tell you that this game is not consistent of what it tells you as far as hole info, yardage, clubs etc. I play quite a bit, so I should know what to expect where my shots should be, not the case. Server glitches, your hardware most often play a part with inconsistencies, and sometimes we just misread the info, and miss the shot horribly.

I’m glad this game is not easy to master even years of playing, and that’s what makes it better than most.

• GeraldRisch
    26 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 5:34 AM

I've stated this hundreds of times: This is just a computer generated golf simulation created by the Matrix to keep us pawns in check.

It's just a game--relax and have fun.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 5:53 AM

ScottDave69:
    I should realise that unless you spend money on it the game and its programmers will penalise you constantly.

Plenty of ppl shoot well here...and haven't spent a dime.

ScottDave69:
    I refuse to use the internet to do any monetary transactions - because, you know, I don't trust it (and given the amount of hacks that take place neither should most of you) - so basically I'm f**ked. I have to put up with this BS from an algorithm or risk my cyber security to pay a bunch of worthless c**ts to make myself think I've improved.

Simple solution...

Get a credit card with a finite limit on it.....say £100 or buy gift cards and use them ?

Sometimes just good to rant though eh  ;))

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 12:10 PM

Can I suggest that you upgrade your clubs and balls as soon as you can.

The "starter" equipment that you are currently using is rubbish and will always be inconsistent.

There are loads of surveys for UK players now and it doesn't take long to rack up a few thousand credits.

Good luck and stick with it.

Willie 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 8:01 PM

ScottDave69:
    I have to put up with this BS from an algorithm or risk my cyber security to pay a bunch of worthless c**ts to make myself think I've improved.

Did you expect to shoot in the 50's after 2 months, using starter equipment?  It does not happen.  Many people that have been playing for years don't shoot in the 50's, even after they have the best equipment.

The starter equipment is quite inconsistent - on purpose.  People that have just started playing real or virtual golf are not very consistent and neither is their equipment.  The game will not land two shots with what appears to be exactly the same inputs in the same place using starters.  In essence, club and ball attributes like "precision" reflect the size of the circle of uncertainty for a given shot.  With a low-precision club - like a starter club - the circle is large.  Add that to the uncertainty in all the other inputs to the shot and the game reflects real golf to a large extent.

When I started playing real golf, my goal was to get the ball somewhere on the green in the minimum number of shots possible - and then to get in the hole in a few putts.  Later, with experience (and better equipment), my goal was to land the ball somewhere near the hole and take 2 putts or less to sink it.  Same here.

To answer your question - no one is forcing you to play this game or to spend any money.  Since WGT has to make money to survive and support all those that do not spend money, it will not provide the best equipment for free.

Take the advice about getting free credits and spend them wisely.

• BrianCheese
    31 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 2:57 AM

Can you show me someone who shoots well using a starter set? I'm like Scott; I've played this game for years - mainly to waste time - and there is no consistency for people who don't spend money. The game does what it likes in tournaments. However, spend $100 on WGT and suddenly you shoot 52s instead of 67s.

The game is fixed. Just accept that.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:13 AM

BrianCheese:
    The game is fixed. Just accept that.

Hahahahahahahaha.

RSS