Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 11:31 AM

birchi:

To make it a bit more fun for the community ujjnbjk has generously donated 20k credits for some betting among the users along the way. Everyone can enter their predictions on the score of each round once the lineups are published. The correct score will be rewarded with 5.000 credits. If there are several people with the correct score, I’ll randomly choose a winner out of those.

Hey that's pretty cool - nice idea.  Very generous Peter (again! :) ).

Good luck to all the players. 

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 12:15 PM

BigKnight:

Good luck, hope it goes well. Would have loved a chance to compete and make a spot on the team.

:)

Ping the captain's wall...Jay is a really great guy...here's his link f1dget

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 2:38 PM

I would like to thank Simon for setting up what looks to be a very solid format. 

We have two very good teams going head to head here, It will be pay per view material so ensure you lock in to watch the best of the best compete against each other. Looking forward to locking horns against a very formidable European line up. Good luck to Darren and his team, and good luck to my players, We will be doing everything we can to win this arm wrestle.

Thank you to those of you who have sent best wishes, It is an honor and privilege to be apart of this WGT Ryder Cup.

Go The Rest of the world!!!

Jay

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 2:59 PM

I wish you the best Simon, hope your Event goes great and best of luck to the selected Players from both Teams!

Topper

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2018 3:25 PM

Gl e1

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:13 AM

well done on setting this up guys. Should be fun, Go team Europe!

• wleiss
    6,250 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 4:20 AM

birchi:
    I tried to come up with a qualifying method that is as objective as possible: ten spots on each team were reserved for the ten highest ranking players in the yearly earnings list. If someone of the top ten wasn’t interested I went down the list to fill up the team. Those ten players agreed on a captain who chose the remaining five players for each team. 

This sounds as though the teams are set, but I didn't see any names on the spreadsheet.  Am I missing something?

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2018 5:33 PM

If you click on the link toward the bottom of the first post, on the first page, Simon has an Excel sheet divided into tabs, the second tab is labeled Teams, he has them posted there, Teams look absolutely Superb, Simon!!

• wleiss
    6,250 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:04 AM

RANGER1988:

If you click on the link toward the bottom of the first post, on the first page, Simon has an Excel sheet divided into tabs, the second tab is labeled Teams, he has them posted there, Teams look absolutely Superb, Simon!!

Thank you Ranger/Topper

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2018 8:03 AM

wleiss:

birchi:
    I tried to come up with a qualifying method that is as objective as possible: ten spots on each team were reserved for the ten highest ranking players in the yearly earnings list. If someone of the top ten wasn’t interested I went down the list to fill up the team. Those ten players agreed on a captain who chose the remaining five players for each team. 

This sounds as though the teams are set, but I didn't see any names on the spreadsheet.  Am I missing something?

Topper already answered this. To make the teams more visible to begin with, I'll insert a graphic once I have the 5 picks from both captains and the teams are complete. 

RSS