Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 4:37 PM
    fmagnets:

WGTChampion:

I'd have to find out more about this. The 200 player multi-round is set as a regular tournament that awards the top 70. The prize amount is static because we know how many entrants will be in it. I wonder if we could actually set it up more like a RG where after it fills another is created. But personally I would rather not see the same names at the top of each. We would need a way to keep players from being able to enter more than one a week otherwise it would likely be most of the same folks in each one. 

_CHAMPION 

No need to change the set up - you could just remove the 200 player limit for the weekly multiround. It's a very successful tournament that is over-subscribed. More entrants = more profit for WGT whilst more players are able to play. Everyone's happy.

Why is this so successful where the monthly premium strokeplay and multirounds are less so (in the champ tier at least)? Mostly because it's a top 70 payout, but also because there are not so many champ tier players who see -9 leading in fairly benign conditions and think 'I can't compete with that'. Compare this to players seeing 3 scores after a week of -16 or better in harsh conditions in the premium strokeplay, and most will know they have no chance at a prize. Top 10 payout would be an interesting experiment. More chance of hitting a prize, but also more attainable scores once you look past the best 3 or 4.

I'd also suggest keeping a running total of winnings including every form of the game for every player, just like the score history is kept. Once the player surpasses a certain earnings threshold, it's automatic tier up. No way to sandbag and win big prizes month after month by keeping the average high and total rounds low. No way to pretend to be a Master and scalp unsuspecting players in challenge matches without tiering up and becoming a less attractive matchplay prospect. No way to move credits to a lower tier account with a blitz round so that account can buy gear to win more easily in that artificially low tier. It could be a very useful measure if the earnings thresholds are set correctly.

You find me totally agree with your proposal.. the earning can be a good solution to stop multiaccounts.
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:18 PM
    Well.. champ let me explain an easy problem in wgt..this is logical and it s happening every day in wgt : we have restarter player (ex banned players) , multiplayer ( top player playing in low tiers and especially in those big prize tournaments) , cheaters (people running cheats) , sellers and the players in this category are obiuvsly running multiaccounts too... so.. if u make a 20.000 cr tournament why a top player (seller) should not play in the legend tier to steal you 20.000 credits? He sell and it doesn t matter if u ban his account.. he will run another account to win them and sell them behind your shoulders and it s sure at 101% that his cc teammates eill buy cr from him and not by wgt. After all which is the sistem used by wgt to stop all these cheaters? If u want really stop this sh... u should listen the suggestion of a sistem based on earning.. because it would stop for real all these players to break your T&C RULES. And it will give you the possibility to see and check every account that jump quickly to the next tiers and check from where the credits are coming.. ok about the proofs to ban someone but we have players mouving thousand of credits and selling.. players that came out like mushrooms and they start to win everywhere.. cmon.. let s go to be serious and try to find a method to apply what fmagnet suggested.. as they said no need that info in the wall..this is just for you.. from legend to tl at moment is 500 strokes and 59 avg i guess.. and what if it will be or 500stroke avg 59 or 400 dollars earned in the tier legend considering all : blitx , mp , skins, rg and everything else.. you will not loose anything.
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:45 PM
    I forgot another suggestion 😀😀 Why blitz games are not showed in the wall? Practice mp are showed and blitz game not.. the heaven for seller..
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 5:49 PM

Several interesting points.......

Agreed, players can certainly come and go as they wish....as it should be....

Now...... let's say the "generic" player makes the choice to leave a particular CC and move along........  happens every day....right?    Let's also say  the "generic" has  deposited a few thousand credits into the CC Bank.......   is he /she  afforded the opportunity to  withdraw those credits, much like a  real bank?   Or does this operate the same as the  accumulated XP points for play?     Basically, "You are free to leave.....but your participation points and bank deposits......  well,  they belong to the house."      Whatta ya think Champ........  can you see the complaints coming?      Complaints that eat up WGT time and resources?

Look folks...    in particular the CC Owners, you've found and utilized methods (methods that you claim are working)......   You have members that obviously "pledge"  and "sponsor" tournaments with their personal resources......   and this is a good thing.  

It's good these conversations are taking place....it's even better that Champ has an open ear and dialogue........     No one is pointing fingers here....  it's simply due diligence, risk assessment, and real conversation....

Still curious regarding the "Calf" distribution........  I'm fairly sure I know the answer....   I'm I'm almost certain a CC Bank would be little to no difference....    However, it would be refreshing  to be wrong....... and proven the "generic" player has  (and has had) the same opportunity as the Owners, Directors and CC Elites.....

Here's some food for thought.......  the artificial experience levels created by the ridiculous daily play multiplier..........  My thought would be to allow "Tier Level" dictate the availability of equipment for a player..........  thoughts?   What this artificial XP Level has created is no more than someone playing a single hole practice game,  accumulating no "ranked rounds",  pumping their XP level into the stratosphere,  purchasing the "best of the best" equipment, holding their tier level to a minimum,  teeing off on a skinny tee with the best equipment and fleecing their peers......    Be interesting to see how bad WGT's sales on snake oil, level up elixer has been since this change was made.    Hard to put this Genie back into the bottle........easy to change equipment  opportunities based on "Tier."....................

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 6:57 PM

LuckySkreet:

Now...... let's say the "generic" player makes the choice to leave a particular CC and move along........  happens every day....right?    Let's also say  the "generic" has  deposited a few thousand credits into the CC Bank.......   is he /she  afforded the opportunity to  withdraw those credits, much like a  real bank?

Who would invest 1000's into a CC bank that was run unfairly? 

Also, a few 1000 credits is $30 not talking big dollars here.  Can't speak for everyone but had I invested 3000 credits into a CC bank, and it wasn't distributed like it should I'd 1) inquire, and 2) if it didn't change leave.  Yep, leave the $30 as well and they'd get no more credits from me.  Their loss for being so greedy save for the 3000 cr.   Could have been much more...

LuckySkreet:

Still curious regarding the "Calf" distribution........  I'm fairly sure I know the answer....   I'm I'm almost certain a CC Bank would be little to no difference....    However, it would be refreshing  to be wrong....... and proven the "generic" player has  (and has had) the same opportunity as the Owners, Directors and CC Elites.....

That's what random means...all have the same opportunity. 

Our CC gives away 7 sleeves of balls drawn randomly every month.  It is an opportunity for players who don't normally place high enough in tournaments to win something.  The 7 who won sleeves last month aren't eligible to win the next month, but are eligible the following month.  Also, to be eligible you must complete all 4 rounds of our PoTM tournaments.  It's a way to distribute sleeves as well as increase participation. 

You're always going to run into selfish greedy individuals / CC owners/directors.  It's up to you and me and everyone else to recognize that and move on from that scenario, not for WGT to do nothing because people like that exist.

Whether WGT instills a CC bank or not it's still an issue.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 8:30 PM
    LuckySkreet:

My thought would be to allow "Tier Level" dictate the availability of equipment for a player..........  thoughts?&...

Making equipment available by “Tier” vs. “Level” would definitely defeat some of the sandbaggers. I do believe there are Level 103 Hacks out there. Make them advance before they can get the best equipment.
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 8:47 PM

pmm711:
    LuckySkreet:

My thought would be to allow "Tier Level" dictate the availability of equipment for a player..........  thoughts?&...

Making equipment available by “Tier” vs. “Level” would definitely defeat some of the sandbaggers. I do believe there are Level 103 Hacks out there. Make them advance before they can get the best equipment.

Not so sure that would fly.

What if someone just doesn't play well enough to ever advance?   Don't think they'd stick around too long if they could never get better equipment. 

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2018 9:02 PM

"Who would invest 1000's into a CC bank that was run unfairly? "

Unsuspecting new comers....that are unaware of the Bottom Feeders.....   

"Also, a few 1000 credits is $30 not talking big dollars here."

Perhaps not for many......  but other's,  on this thread, have indicated the CC Bank is needed for the unfortunate folks who have limited financial means and limited access to credit earning offers........   This being said.....   $30 bucks to them, has an entirely different meaning......

"That's what random means...all have the same opportunity"

This has yet to be proven........  and why I have inquired about the distribution process regarding the "Golden Calf."      I guess  "The Georgian" has won the most Clash Events?   Curious, how was their distribution?   I'd bet the Owners, Directors and "elite players" were the recipients........    I'd go further by saying  their current and past  Owner/ Director/ Elite  "calf" ownership percentages far outweigh  the percentage of their "generic player" (who participated equally)  calf ownership.....    still waiting to proven wrong on this theory.   

"   Our CC gives away 7 sleeves of balls drawn randomly every month.  It is an opportunity for players who don't normally place high enough in tournaments to win something.  The 7 who won sleeves last month aren't eligible to win the next month, but are eligible the following month.  Also, to be eligible you must complete all 4 rounds of our PoTM tournaments.  It's a way to distribute sleeves as well as increase participation. "

And you and your club should be applauded for doing this.......     

"You're always going to run into selfish greedy individuals / CC owners/directors.  It's up to you and me and everyone else to recognize that and move on from that scenario, not for WGT to do nothing because people like that exist"

I respectfully disagree....to a point.   Sure, it's personal responsibility to recognize and react accordingly........    But, it's also fair to say it would be a mistake for WGT to introduce or fulfill a request that would lend itself to contributing to a problem....

Not mentioning any CC in particular.....  but it is my understanding that several Clubs require Clash participation as mandatory.....    This being said....  I can see the same thing happening with a CC Bank....   A CC Bank would give the means to charge a "due"  to their members...........   I should think  WGT would frown on the idea of  a CC utilizing a Club Bank as an avenue to "charge" a member a monthly membership fee....      Anyone who thinks this would not happen is, quite frankly, ignorant.......             

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 1:24 AM

im sorry but i cant agree that wgt so not make the bank feature to stop people being stupid. Thats the problem theses days, we have to do so much to help protect stupid people when really they should learn from their mistakes for being silly in the first place. Im all for having warnings or info regarding what will happen but to ban it from coming in is not the solution. 

Will we have to ban the 100 credit (200 max) tournament because low tiers enter and shoot a 48 on the front 9 and waste 100 credits?? of course not. There could be ways to help them like make it for tiers master and above. If someone hasnt realised by then that they are not good enough to play in that or have not checked the scores then again thats their fault. 

Each week there must be a good 15/20 of these that have entered that tournament. If we ban anything that has potential to upset someone who is not to clever to check somthing that takes 2 seconds we would have nothing left in the game.....

Wgt wont give you a option to turn off gifting your opponent a sleeve of balls after a match. I bet that causes more hassle than this would as i know alot of new players have been caught out with that. But of course that helps wgt as it means credits are being spent....

There is plenty of ways you can implement the bank and have it so it dont get abused. First have it so only a club or say level 18/19+ get it. That way it would stop new clubs from doing it as they would be the most likely to abuse it. The clubs that have been around ages are going to be more trustful or they wouldn't have got that far in the first place. 

Have a limit on it. To stop someone accidentally putting all their credits into it. Have a confirm button with a message saying what they are doing and that the credits are now down to the owners discretion. 

Have it so only veteran members can contribute to it or Tour master + .

People that will moan if they put some credits in and dont get it there way will moan at anything, its in their nature. These people are not the people you want playing the game anyways or being part of the forum community. 

Just like the people that come on and moan about not enough courses when they havnt even played 100 rounds. Your not going to accommodate them and make tons of new courses just because they are board when they havnt even played the game properly. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 7:35 AM

RSS