Forums

Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 12:47 PM

WGTChampion:

What changes could we make that would make you want to play? 

_CHAMPION 

Not on the topic of weekly tournaments, but I'll give it another try: Bracket tournaments

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 1:19 PM

birchi:

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Not on the topic of weekly tournaments, but I'll give it another try: Bracket tournaments

We've tried a high credit entry RGs and they didn't go well at all. I would assume that would go similarly for brackets, but it's worth a shot. I'm certainly not against paid speed brackets. The biggest issue with speed brackets is that the clock doesn't start until it's full. It could fill in the middle of the night and cause most players to WD. 

I am currently lobbying to get larger bracket modes (32/64 players) into the normal rotation as well as a better way to seed brackets like for VUSAm. 

_CHAMPION 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 1:22 PM

WGTChampion:

Williams01210021:

Probably no point as lets face it, wgt wont change anything we suggest. 

The list of tournaments wgt do is pretty crap. same old unlimited monthly ones on the same courses.

_CHAMPION 

New tournament styles. 

Big Tier monthly Brackets. (128 players enter, 3 days to play) 

a tournament where results are not shown like in a ready go.

a multi round CTTH single play monthly?

Set of the month tournament?

Ball of the month tournament? (Same as set of the week just the same random ball for all)

Stableford tournaments? Maybe have handicaps for all tiers or career earnings.

Best of Mix tournament. 4 rounds CTTH . First 2 rounds a random CTTH Course, 3rd round best of bunker shots (like best of putting so cant be to hard to make) then Best of Putting. 

Any way off adding longest drive? or nearest pin in a specific tournament?

Or Bonus prize for first hole in one?

Some sort of tour for Champions (or Tour champ if opened)

Country Specific Monthly tournament.

Country Club Average tournament. A monthly single event for clubs to play. All players in the same tier play, Average is worked out and then leaderboard shows clubs in order of their average score. Minimum 3 players required or somthing. WD's have consequences.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 1:36 PM

WGTChampion:
    It's not structured the same as an RG on our side. It's structured as a standard tournament. So we could change it pretty easily. 

Fair enough it pays the top 70 and the winner gets 18% of the purse.  However the purse is formed by the entry fees after the 20% rake, exactly like a RG. I suppose the additional entries could add to the purse.

You seem to be looking for a successful format and have a tournament here that fills every week, maybe instead of messing with what is working a similar one could be added?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 1:48 PM

Williams01210021:

New tournament styles. 

Big Tier monthly Brackets. (128 players enter, 3 days to play) 

Same. I was hoping to start with 32 and 64. Round timer might need to be different. 

Williams01210021:

a tournament where results are not shown like in a ready go.

I think players like to see what they're up against. I guess if it was single play it might not be so bad. I would be afraid people would be frustrated when they shoot a sweet 62 but someone won with a 58 and they don't know until it's over.

Williams01210021:

a multi round CTTH single play monthly?

Not sure if the current setup supports it. Let me see what happens. 

Williams01210021:

Set of the month tournament?

Oddly enough our Set of the Week is set up in the back end in a weird way. It's basically set so we create a set of the week and then the tournament's we make with the SotW option will only use that set. I'm trying to get them to allow me to create sets and then just use a drop down or something to select the set I want. Would also be cool to do a multi-round tournament with different sets on each round. 

Williams01210021:

Ball of the month tournament? (Same as set of the week just the same random ball for all)

No wrong answers here. But I wouldn't play this one. :-P

Williams01210021:

Stableford tournaments? Maybe have handicaps for all tiers or career earnings.

Could be fun. Might take a ton of dev work. But maybe not since we have similar scoring rules in the clash. 

Williams01210021:

Best of Mix tournament. 4 rounds CTTH . First 2 rounds a random CTTH Course, 3rd round best of bunker shots (like best of putting so cant be to hard to make) then Best of Putting. 

I'll have to find out if we can do multi round CTTHs first. I imagine we can... 

Williams01210021:

Any way off adding longest drive? or nearest pin in a specific tournament?

Or Bonus prize for first hole in one?

Not currently. Not sure how hard it would be to implement either. 

Williams01210021:

Some sort of tour for Champions (or Tour champ if opened)

If people would actually play in it, then sure.

Williams01210021:

Country Specific Monthly tournament.

Any time we run a country specific anything we take a lot of heat for it. I think it's best we all play together. 

Williams01210021:

Country Club Average tournament. A monthly single event for clubs to play. All players in the same tier play, Average is worked out and then leaderboard shows clubs in order of their average score. Minimum 3 players required or somthing. WD's have consequences.

I had a similar idea recently. Then I thought of how we could possibly enforce certain things. Like we wouldn't be able to bar a low level player in a club from playing, but we don't want that person to take heat from their CC for losing either. We also don't want clubs self-enforcing who is allowed to play in those tournaments. We prefer that everyone be able to enjoy a tournament or event. While in theory I like the idea, I just don't think it would go the way we want it to. 

_CHAMPION 

P.S. I think this is my longest post ever. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 1:52 PM

DodgyPutter:

WGTChampion:
    It's not structured the same as an RG on our side. It's structured as a standard tournament. So we could change it pretty easily. 

Fair enough it pays the top 70 and the winner gets 18% of the purse.  However the purse is formed by the entry fees after the 20% rake, exactly like a RG. I suppose the additional entries could add to the purse.

You seem to be looking for a successful format and have a tournament here that fills every week, maybe instead of messing with what is working a similar one could be added?

I'd have to find out more about this. The 200 player multi-round is set as a regular tournament that awards the top 70. The prize amount is static because we know how many entrants will be in it. I wonder if we could actually set it up more like a RG where after it fills another is created. But personally I would rather not see the same names at the top of each. We would need a way to keep players from being able to enter more than one a week otherwise it would likely be most of the same folks in each one. 

_CHAMPION 

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 2:15 PM

How about a Country Club Tournament that members of the host AND an invited Country Club can both play in. 

It would give points to all those that finish in the top 10: 10 for the winner down to 1 for tenth place and post which CC won at the end in both CC Forums....

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 3:21 PM

WGTChampion:

Sorry, that will never happen. If you're in a spot where you can verify your account you can purchase Amazon cards with your credits. 
    _CHAMPION 

How about a better conversion for the Amazon cards. Right now, its 165,000 credits for $250. Maybe at least make it 50 cents on the dollar (100 credits for 50 cents on a gift card)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 3:21 PM

WGTChampion:
    I wonder if we could actually set it up more like a RG where after it fills another is created. But personally I would rather not see the same names at the top of each.

They couldn't if it was set up as a RG, you can't re-enter the same one untill the one you are in has paid out and as it's a multi-round.....

The problem may be more filling it again in time without them (folk in the first version) but you'll know better how quickly the 200 spaces currentlylast.

Anyway I was more concerned about what happens to the free to enter weeklies; as Joe said this is very reminiscent of the begining of the end for the 18 hole uel one.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 24 2018 3:25 PM

WGTChampion:

We've tried a high credit entry RGs and they didn't go well at all. I would assume that would go similarly for brackets, but it's worth a shot. I'm certainly not against paid speed brackets. The biggest issue with speed brackets is that the clock doesn't start until it's full. It could fill in the middle of the night and cause most players to WD. 

I am currently lobbying to get larger bracket modes (32/64 players) into the normal rotation as well as a better way to seed brackets like for VUSAm. 

_CHAMPION 

the 1500 and 2,000 credit RGs filled quickly on Pebble, St Andrews, and Pebble. Also, 1,000 credit RGs used to fill quickly on Cabo and Whistler

RSS