Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • rl2203
    744 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 1:04 PM

WGTChampion:

Williams01210021:

Probably no point as lets face it, wgt wont change anything we suggest. 

The list of tournaments wgt do is pretty crap. same old unlimited monthly ones on the same courses.

What changes could we make that would make you want to play? 

_CHAMPION 

I would like to have more UEL tourneys.

I would like to have a tough it out tourney (even or uneven lies) where everybody has to play tith standand clubs and balls.

I would like to have more tourneys with ultra fast green speeds.

I would like to have more tourneys on custom courses (not CC-tournyes).

I  would like to have tourneys or RGs where the total earning is limited (eg. under 1000cr).

I would like to have to tour champion tier populated so that the human champions have a decent chance to win some credits.

I would like to have courses with more than 2 pin positions (? wolfs creek?)

so many wishes ..... :-)

Roland

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 3:18 PM

if these are costing wgt so much then i would be in favour of scrapping them and increasing the prize fund for other tournaments. Lets face it, All the other weekly tournament prizes suck. Considering how much a sleeve of balls cost now days you dont even win enough credits for a sleeve if you come first which is pretty hard to do!

Im not a fan of having these gift cards that people can trade credits in for. For me it just means the try hards will carry on playing everything and winning it just to get these. There are plenty of players out there that wont even make top 70 and get any credits. You cant tell me this game worries about how many credits they give out. Amount of money lost through balls being wasted/lost will always keep a hold on what they give out. 

If wgt need to reduce credits then bring out some new clubs for higher levels. Or make a membership actually worth paying for.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 3:41 PM

Williams01210021:

If wgt need to reduce credits then bring out some new clubs for higher levels. Or make a membership actually worth paying for.

I just re-read Champ's post and explanation and IMO nowhere does it suggest the purses were adjusted because WGT needs to reduce credit payout.

I could be wrong on this...but I'm not so sure "credits" translate to dollars for WGT.  For the players of course they do, but for WGT setting up tournaments and funding purses they could setup a tournament for 1,000,000 credits and it doesn't mean it actually cost them $10,000.

Now indirectly it will have an effect as people win those credits and top players cash in for Amazon cards (someone has to pay for those), but you and I funding a purse is quite a bit different than WGT doing it.

It's virtual currency they're not trying to reduce credits.  Re-read why things were adjusted, it makes sense.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:19 AM

WGTChampion:

LuckySkreet:

The "Golden Calf" distribution...      Let's say, hypothetically, there was a CC named The Georgian.....or.... Champ's Chumps... or  ...Icon's Idiots....or whatever.....           

Bro. I thought we were friends. 

_CHAMPION 

LMAO....   C'mon Bro....    you know we are!!       Besides, I'm fairly confident  both yourself and Icon were grinning and chuckling about that one...........    

• pmm711
    5,514 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 8:33 AM

kavvz:

I could be wrong on this...but I'm not so sure "credits" translate to dollars for WGT.  For the players of course they do, but for WGT setting up tournaments and funding purses they could setup a tournament for 1,000,000 credits and it doesn't mean it actually cost them $10,000.

Now indirectly it will have an effect as people win those credits and top players cash in for Amazon cards (someone has to pay for those), but you and I funding a purse is quite a bit different than WGT doing it.

I'm sure I'll hear some backlash on this one...

Maybe WGT shouldn't allow the purchasing of gift cards by players with credits that WGT personally threw into the pot and funded the purse.  Only allow gift cards to be purchased via credits won when the purse was covered by player entry fees.  Then virtual credits thrown in by WGT won't impact them as much financially except in lost revenue for balls, gear, etc. by the tourney winners.  I'm sure they could differentiate between the credit "type" a player has won and track them accordingly. 

This would be much like the inability to "sell back" that Golden Putter won in clashes.

It would also cut down some on the sandbagging that takes place in tiers now.  Of course there will always be "credit sellers" out there until WGT figures out how to defeat that angle in the game.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:09 AM

rl2203:

Might not be terrible for the higher tiers. But there are so few because we don't see a lot of play in them. 

rl2203:

I would like to have a tough it out tourney (even or uneven lies) where everybody has to play tith standand clubs and balls.

So we have two ways of doing this right now and neither is ideal. We can force the user to manually equip a specific set, or we have set of the week which literally is set up to run one week at a time from a manually created set. 

In the new year I'm fighting to get a way for me to make club sets that I can select for specific tournaments rather than running it for a week for SotW. 

rl2203:

I would like to have more tourneys with ultra fast green speeds.

That's my specialty ;-P

rl2203:

I would like to have more tourneys on custom courses (not CC-tournyes).

Hilariously, and by that I mean illogically, we only created this feature for use in country clubs. I can not create a custom course for a public tournament. I've brought this to the product team and it will happen. But it's probably still a while out, we have some other things to ship before then. 

rl2203:

I  would like to have tourneys or RGs where the total earning is limited (eg. under 1000cr).

I'd like to do RGs that can scale. I think I touched on this before in here. I'm not sure if it would know how to scale or if they were only built for 50 entries. Otherwise we could do 100 entries that payout the top 60, or 25 entries that payout the top 15. We can try some stuff I'm just not certain how it works. This is the downside of 10 year old tools. 

rl2203:

I would like to have to tour champion tier populated so that the human champions have a decent chance to win some credits.

There was a very positive meeting about TC this week. Nothing else to announce on that one right now. 

rl2203:

I would like to have courses with more than 2 pin positions (? wolfs creek?)

Never say never. But definitely not at launch and judging by the courses that I have been here when they launched, probably not at all. Personally I like extra pins too, it gives more options when I'm making tournaments. 

LuckySkreet:

WGTChampion:

LuckySkreet:

The "Golden Calf" distribution...      Let's say, hypothetically, there was a CC named The Georgian.....or.... Champ's Chumps... or  ...Icon's Idiots....or whatever.....           

Bro. I thought we were friends. 

_CHAMPION 

C'mon Bro....    you know we are!!       Besides, I'm fairly confident  both yourself and Icon were grinning and chuckling about that one...........    

I certainly did laugh a bit, but I couldn't help myself. I had to mess with you. 

_CHAMPION

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:24 AM

two more thoughts/suggestions:

a mystery tournament where you only know even or uneven lies - but not the course nor the settings ....

change the winnings of the CC clashes so that not only the winner (the club beginning with G ... I will not name them not to get banned :-) has a chance to win the golden prize: for instance:

Winner : 25% chance

2nd 21% chance

3rd 18% chance

4th 14% chance

5th 11% chance

6th 7% chance

7th 3% chance

8th 1% chance

You can make a webcast where the winner is determined.

Also its strange that the 4th price is identical to 50th (?)

Roland

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:16 PM

WGTChampion:

rl2203:

Might not be terrible for the higher tiers. But there are so few because we don't see a lot of play in them. 

We'd settle for an 18 holer. ;/

EDIT.. ( AM ) means 'after moderation' from here on in.. ;)

So Champ..if so few play in the lower tiers, (who cares then if a non discussion ? 

cater for the ones that do play UELs in the higher tiers ?

I was going to suggest " Do a 9 & 18"..One for us, one for them..

See... thinking about everyone.   ^^^

But that would take up 2 spots so the original request stands.. 18 !!!!

( Also good to take into account the minorities sensibilities in all walks of Life IMO 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:22 PM

WGTChampion:

rl2203:

I'd like to do RGs that can scale. I think I touched on this before in here. I'm not sure if it would know how to scale or if they were only built for 50 entries. Otherwise we could do 100 entries that payout the top 60, or 25 entries that payout the top 15. We can try some stuff I'm just not certain how it works. This is the downside of 10 year old tools. 

I wasn't sure you were both referencing the same thing #champ.... It sounds like you are addressing a different payout structure, whereas the OP appeared to be addressing limiting who could enter a particular ready go, not based just on tier, but also their career WGT earnings.  In a way, this would be similar to a tier based ready go, but since there is such a variety of skill levels across all tiers it may offer a way to create sub tiers within each tier so players feel they are competing more with their peers of similar skill levels.

For example, champion tier with over 10,000 career earnings, champions with over $5000, and champions over 2,000, then champions below 2,000 career earnings.

The only nuance to this... similar to thousands of rounds played can eventually get a player promoted to champion tier due to saturation, if someone just enjoys playing ready gos regardless of whether they are a winning player, they can show "earnings" even while in essence losing credits in the long run.  That said, I believe Fmagnets suggestion of finding a way to separate earnings into "profit" could potentially sort that out as well, but I believe he was addressing it for slightly different rationale.  I can't speak for him entirely but it may overlap and have dual benefits.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 12:52 PM

el3n1:

WGTChampion:

rl2203:

I wasn't sure you were both referencing the same thing #champ.... It sounds like you are addressing a different payout structure, whereas the OP appeared to be addressing limiting who could enter a particular ready go, not based just on tier, but also their career WGT earnings.  In a way, this would be similar to a tier based ready go, but since there is such a variety of skill levels across all tiers it may offer a way to create sub tiers within each tier so players feel they are competing more with their peers of similar skill levels.

For example, champion tier with over 10,000 career earnings, champions with over $5000, and champions over 2,000, then champions below 2,000 career earnings.

The only nuance to this... similar to thousands of rounds played can eventually get a player promoted to champion tier due to saturation, if someone just enjoys playing ready gos regardless of whether they are a winning player, they can show "earnings" even while in essence losing credits in the long run.  That said, I believe Fmagnets suggestion of finding a way to separate earnings into "profit" could potentially sort that out as well, but I believe he was addressing it for slightly different rationale.  I can't speak for him entirely but it may overlap and have dual benefits.

Ahhhh. I see. May be difficult to message. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS