Forums

Help › Forums

Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2018 3:24 PM

It's a good thread.....   I for one, enjoy reading the different philosophies and opinion....

I dare bring up a previously unanswered question.     The "Golden Calf" distribution...      Let's say, hypothetically, there was a CC named The Georgian.....or.... Champ's Chumps... or  ...Icon's Idiots....or whatever.....   This CC would have a long tenure on WGT,   a Level 21  status, a full house of membership,  perceived trustworthy owner and directorship.......  basically the "exact" type club that many on this thread would consider  worthy of a CC Bank.    This hypothetical club has obviously met the qualifications outlined by others in this thread.     Moving along.....   Let's say this CC was a major player in Clash events, to take it further....  Let's even say they were the "Odd's On Favorite" to win in any Clash event.....   The best of the best...             Let's say this CC has 8 officers (an owner and 7 directors) and 225 +/-  members.    Let's also say the officers (alone) would have NO  chance to  win such an event without a large member (generic player) support and participation.     Let's say the award for a Clash win would be a coveted, golden, magical putter.......  which we will name "The Golden Calf"...       The event award will be a single "Golden Calf"....... to be distributed at the discretion of the owner  or by committee of the owner and directorship.   Now, let's say this club has won 8 events.........  all of which had massive "generic player" contribution; each and every one equally deserving an opportunity  to  own a "Golden Calf."     Now let's say the   owner and directorship have decided to  use the  "Don Corleone Approach" in awarding the grand prize......  thus "Wetting all their beaks , before allowing the peasants to drink."      This, could easily be considered taking advantage of a membership pool  for personal gain....  

Point is.....   should a CC Bank be used  in a similar method or fashion ...........Pandora's Box get's opened...  

Some may say....  "That'll never happen."       My answer is....  perhaps it already has........   as mentioned in earlier post's, be interesting to see if any current clash winners  have already use the said  "Corleone" approach....       

Some may say....  "I don't see any type of relationship between this situation and a CC Bank."  It's actually pretty simple....  Let's say the same mentioned CC (or any other) has a CC Bank, the CC has a requirement of a 100 credit "due" monthly from each member....   lets say a pool of 25,000 credits a month.    Let's say the owner /  directorship has control of the CC Bank funds and they decide to "Wet their beaks once again"....and pay themselves a  "salary" of 3000 grand each per month..........  thus leaving the peasants a smooth grand to divide.....

Let's address the minimum  Level 18/19/20  requirements that has been floated around.....       Using this technique means  nothing....... and tends to disenfranchise other clubs.....         Here's an example:     My good friend JAYW4862 has recently joined a new club called  "The Beat Ranch"........owned by another fine individual named fidget.   One can review their membership roster.......and it's pretty clear these are all like minded folks, well known and very trustworthy.     Their club, as I understand, was established as a small, niche' type club....where these same like minded individuals can play their higher dollar tournaments and games with a preference of keeping their club membership limited and smaller....    Certainly nothing wrong with that!     However, they are currently a level 9 club.......  thus would be disenfranchised based on the suggested qualifier.     

Perhaps other techniques to consider would be:         Get rid of the "Golden Calf" awards....instead the winner would have a credit deposit made into a CC Bank......   this deposit could only be used  to fund a CC event.  Wgt to install programming restrictions prohibiting these funds to be used for equipment purchases, gifting,  personal fleecing....etc...etc....       Simply used for CC tournament funding and NOTHING else...    There has always been avenues to gift equipment to unfortunate members.....  and this has, and is working as designed.....     I should know...  I've gifted  in the 100,000+ credit range during my tenure.....

Addressing the CC Bank....  Sure have the banks.     But, have programming in place as mentioned above........   any and all funds MUST be used for CC tournament funding and nothing else......     Charging "fee's and due's"..... well, that'll be up to the individual club....     It's not my thing.......  but as long as all CC Bank funds are restricted for CC tourney use only.....it's palatable......

It's been interesting.....  enjoyed the opportunity to throw out some hypothetical's.......

Hopefully Champ will find it all interesting and thought provoking as well.....

Looking forward to re join the panel when it moves back to the original topic........ particularly  Mag's thought's on the  "internal use features" he described.....    pretty sweet when a person of his caliber is looking out for the integrity of the game.......         

• StephenStrother
    98 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:16 PM

So, what all this really means--and which this needlessly convoluted post is trying really hard not to say because this is the most Orwellian company I've ever seen in terms of communicating with customers--is that WGT is lowering payouts for tournaments.

So, no new course in two years, no word on when there will be another one, no communication about anything, and then this stupid crap when the company wants to drop bad news (similar to burying the Oakmont news in something like the 10th line of an update post).

This company is complete trash in every conceivable way. Every moderator should quit instead of coming out here to feed company spin to customers.  What a joke.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 2:55 PM

StephenStrother:

So, no new course in two years, no word on when there will be another one, no communication about anything, and then this stupid crap when the company wants to drop bad news (similar to burying the Oakmont news in something like the 10th line of an update post).

You should probably do some research before posting.
    There's a new course coming very soon, and seems someone has been communicating in this thread a great deal.  

StephenStrother:

This company is complete trash in every conceivable way. Every moderator should quit instead of coming out here to feed company spin to customers.  What a joke.

If things are soooo bad why are you still here?  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 3:35 PM

He does have a point with the bit you missed.

"So, what all this really means--and which this needlessly convoluted post is trying really hard not to say because this is the most Orwellian company I've ever seen in terms of communicating with customers--is that WGT is lowering payouts for tournaments."

That is what this thread was about.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 4:12 PM

kavvz:
    someone has been communicating in this thread a great deal.  

Champ hes been and it is appreciated, but what he has communicated as far as I can see is prize money is staying down, we're not getting a bank and Mags idea for anti bagging and selling isn't going to happen.

It may be that credits go down to 10th for a pay to enter tournament but that really makes little difference to WGT, they still get 20% of the entry fees, other than if they open it to more people they'll make a little more on it.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:01 PM

I won't presuppose to know or understand all of the dynamics, but I do feel an effort is being made.  That said, I also imagine some of the "lingering" frustrations can go back a long way on some things for some people.  It doesn't dismiss or ignore how people have felt... maybe venting helps but it is also excessive to blame WGT for everything.  

It is impossible to please 100% of millions or thousands of people who have differing input, values, and ideas on how things "should be."  Sometimes the most vocal are the few that get increasingly frustrated, but they are frustrated so they become the most vocal. 

Does that mean the game isn't working sufficiently well for the millions of others or thousands of others, depending on how many active players are on WGT.  Regardless it spans the globe, which also brings various factors into consideration. 

While some things may be easier than others, very little can be done over night.  The software needs tweaked and it seems that any changes made can and often do introduce bugs into the game...  not to mention, developers also have to try and contemplate all of the various operating systems and both platforms that are used to play the game.  

Here is something to consider... regarding one of the issues brought up...I read earlier someone's frustration over the lack of a bank.  Yet, it is my understanding that many clubs, The Bushwackers, may be the best example, have come up with the idea and implemented their own form of bank.  WGT is obviously aware of it and permitted it even though it may technically be against the terms and conditions.  

While WGT hasn't implemented a bank, they have allowed banks to be used in some clubs that do not appear to be exploiting members or doing anything wrong or unethical.  Here is the point, if you know of a way to implement a bank and choose not to implement one, it then starts to fall on you... I fail to see why blaming WGT, when we have the means, the ideas, and the support to implement one of those ideas.  To which I would add, if you wanted a bank, you would have a bank in your country club. 

Those clubs that want one -- do.  Those that don't, simply don't care enough or want to put forth the effort to implement one on their own.  That falls on the club, not WGT.

Just like you stumble across a few bad apples in the forums, the reality is … there are a lot of amazing people on WGT doing some very considerate and thoughtful things for one another.  I read in a post the other day about a WGT member in Florida that was impacted by the hurricane was able to find temporary assistance from another WGT member further north.  That is amazing stuff.  Reading what Bushwackers does to help the community is also pretty amazing.  

There are always going to be issues to sort out, there are always going to be issues that feel unresolved.  I guess it is like a golf round... it is up to you how much you let hitting the ball in the water effect you or bother you... you can quit or take your penalty shot, try to recover and make the best of your round. 

We all choose what to focus on, positive or negative.  I admit, I struggle with it to.  I have had my own frustrations with others and WGT.  But, it seems unreasonable to disparage those trying to help you and expect things to change for the better.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2018 5:57 PM

DodgyPutter:

He does have a point with the bit you missed.

"So, what all this really means--and which this needlessly convoluted post is trying really hard not to say because this is the most Orwellian company I've ever seen in terms of communicating with customers--is that WGT is lowering payouts for tournaments."

That is what this thread was about.

Disagree.

Champ went into detail about the changes and why they were being made.

Quite a bit different that saying "Hey we're lowering the payouts". 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:38 AM

Been quite an interesting thread....

If only that is shows Champ has some ideas and seems involved in evolving WGT.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:09 AM

I'm not suggesting in any way Champ hasn't been a lot more communicative than the Mod's usually are, he's taken a lot of time to answer people.  I also don't think he's being disingenuous although I still have concerns over the free to enter single play tournaments that so many of us use.

kavvz:

Disagree.

Champ went into detail about the changes and why they were being made.

Quite a bit different that saying "Hey we're lowering the payouts". 

You're right, he didn't say "We're lowering the payouts" he said  "we are changing the purses for most of our weekly and monthly tournaments."  I think that was perhaps where the Orwellian referance came from, because what they did was lower the payments. Which would have been more straightforward and even honest?  Even your saying "changes" try reductions, it conveys much better what happened, but yes he gave an explanation. (Appologies if any went up as I haven't checked them all)

I reckon it sounds like most of the other proposals here have been dismissed although one that hasn't, a new tier, would be very good to have.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 8:59 AM

Williams01210021:

Champ did that tournament the other day. Multi round ctth that i asked for. He did 2 rounds that lasted 24 hours. Not being funny but that was not a great idea, why? because people need more than 1 day per round. Not everyone logs on each day and can get multiple rounds in. Minimum a tournament should last for is like 3 days. Again thats my view but im sure 90% of the community would want/need that to.

To be clear, I wasn't looking for a huge number of entries. It was still lower than I expected based on other short tournaments I have run. What I was really hoping for was feedback from the players who did enter. Did anyone enjoy it? Honestly I'm asking because I don't know. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS