Forums

Help › Forums

cc in double play

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:54 PM (6 replies)
  • crabby01
    8 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2018 5:11 PM

Look im getting tired of everyone wanting a cc on a good shot or a close putt. If your going to play the game play it right .I don't play on the real course and say ok pick up your ball if its within 3 feet .Ive had people quit because I wouldn't cc a hole for them what a bunch of babies. 

OL look I made a shot within 1 ft. from hole so crown me with a cc well I say bull crap .just play the game.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Oct 8 2018 7:03 PM
    Personally I set a concede rule at 2ft and in...but, there are some very difficult 2ft putts that I won’t concede. But I play against folks who understand me. I’ve also conceded 5ft putts...some even longer. After a while you get to know your opponents and which putts are dead gimmes and which ones aren’t.
  • jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 4:19 PM

pmm711:
    Personally I set a concede rule at 2ft and in...but, there are some very difficult 2ft putts that I won’t concede. But I play against folks who understand me. I’ve also conceded 5ft putts...some even longer. After a while you get to know your opponents and which putts are dead gimmes and which ones aren’t.

which misses Crabby's point. the hole is completed when the player puts the ball in the hole. the only time a putt is given  ( or taken ) by real golfers, is when it has no bearing on the result of the match. best example is match play.  

jim

• jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 4:20 PM

pmm711:

which misses Crabby's point. the hole is completed when the player puts the ball in the hole. the only time a putt is given  ( or taken ) by real golfers, is when it has no bearing on the result of the match. best example is match play.  

jim

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2018 1:54 PM

Just an aside.

I'm not positive about the golfer, but I think it was Lee Trevino who once said that to increase your chances of winning in match play, concede putts on the front nine, but not the back. 

:^)

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2018 7:06 PM

JimbeauC:

Just an aside.

I'm not positive about the golfer, but I think it was Lee Trevino who once said that to increase your chances of winning in match play, concede putts on the front nine, but not the back. 

:^)

That was also how Sam Snead played match play. Give them everything early then when it really counts make them putt everything. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2018 7:54 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but YOU choose whether to concede a putt, or not.  Not your opponent.  

Do what you want and no complaints.  

We play some friendly matches and concede often.

(BTW - save the "CC" abbreviation for "Country Club" - I get confused so easily!)

RSS