Forums

Help › Forums

Pebble beach hole one (new player)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:23 PM (9 replies)
  • Rubiton111
    15 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 4:51 AM

The math on the putting green on this one hole is moronic!

Of every hole I play in this game the math on doing a putt on this one hole questions why I want to play this game.

Who ever runs this game I understand u want people to restart so u u get your add revenue. But FFS ill still play it 80 times in a month if it is not rude math!!!!!

Have a think about it because right now this is my biggest reason to stop playing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 12:58 PM

Rubiton111:

Not if you play to under the hole. Some decent wedges would help get that distance to pin down from 18, too, and make putting easier.

Rubiton111:
    I understand u want people to restart so u u get your add revenue.

Adblock. Haven't see an ad in years.  :-)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 1:17 PM

Rubiton111:

Of every hole I play in this game the math on doing a putt on this one hole questions why I want to play this game

Don't know about the 1 hole you are referring to, but on 10/1 you advanced from pro to tour pro.  With that advancement came a new and faster green speed.  You went from fast to very fast.  You now get to learn your math all over again.  It's not the GAME it's YOU.

EDIT LATER..even before reading some of the later comments, the light bulb went off and I figured out you were talking about the first hole(not the one hole)

To be anywhere on that green except directly below the hole is not a good putt.  Directly above requires you to only tap the ball, or you are going to go past the hole.  As said, if you end up above, unless very lucky(good works also) you are playing for par.  But as I said your green speed did change, so that may also be some of your problem.  At least you get to stay at that speed through master.  At tour master you get to again relearn your math.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 4:39 PM

Rubiton111:

There's nothing wrong with the first hole of PB. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 6:48 PM

+1

I never played PB from the shorter tees, as I was a Legend when we got the full course, but the first hole does take some course management skill. As noted, you need to leave the approach below the hole. If directly below the hole, you'll have a straight uphill putt, and the only challenge is to hit it hard enough and hit the ding.

If you leave the approach above the hole, nine times out of 10 you'll be in par-saving mode on your second putt, usually from five to seven feet.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2018 8:01 PM

With a decent wedge/ball combo unless you hit the ball well past the hole the slope of the green will bring the ball down below the hole, With that setup the thing is adding just enough top spin to keep the ball from coming back too much.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 7:47 AM

First off you`re not a new player . You have a 6 yr. old account and your history shows that you just returned to the game .

64 Ranked Rounds no A/S OR M/P

Since 9/22 you have played Pebble 25xs and you still have`nt figured the hole out . The best way to learn a course is to play it in practice mode . Set it up according to your ranked conditions and play it .

Also you cant return to the game after a long layoff and expect to play as before . So go practice and learn and the game will play better , as you learn how to play better .

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 11:30 AM

Just seems to me he dont play enough...TP in 6 years ? Take your time there buddy.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:22 PM

I birdie that hole a lot. Very easy hole if you follow your notes.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 4:23 PM

pjctas0822:

Just seems to me he dont play enough...TP in 6 years ? Take your time there buddy.

I hit Master in 6 months

RSS