Help › Forums

One & Done League

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 2 2019 1:22 PM (28 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:04 AM

WGT Community,

As sad as I was on Sunday after the United States got obliterated, I soon realized that the PGA Tour Season is about to get back underway this Thursday. I don't know how many people are familiar with Fantasy Golf One & Done Leagues, but the idea is you would select a player each week and add their total earnings for the week to your overall score. The one big thing to remember though is that once you select a player, you can't use that player again for the rest of the year. I wanted to see how many community members would be interested in something like that, it would be free to enter and I would work on prizes in the game for the winners. Even though the season is starting on Thursday, I don't consider it the start of the season until 2019 (mostly because I need a little time to set all this up before I get in way over my head). I'm also working on getting more Invitationals set up in the future, but I wanted to see what kind of traction I could get before I set all this up (You will also get to beat me and my partner in crime WGTMrVincentVega, not very hard to do, but you still get bragging rights). 

Just comment below if it is something you would be interested in!

Judge Smails

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:25 AM

Sounds like fun Judge, I'm in!

• Mikeloresse
    69 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:46 PM

I'd join  I'm already doing the PGA Tour fantasy golf

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 3:38 PM

This it's gonna be my 4th year in the PGA Fantasy game, im in with this idea

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 7:26 AM

I've never played before, but I'm game.

Do you pre-pick from the start of the season or is this done weekly?

Siders Best

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:42 AM

SidersBest:

I've never played before, but I'm game.

Do you pre-pick from the start of the season or is this done weekly?

Siders Best

So you would actually just pick each week, that way you wouldn't be locked into a player who was on an enormous cold streak.

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 12:05 PM

Count me in Judge. I play both the Golf Channel and the PGA Tour Fantasy Leagues.

Lute345

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 12:17 PM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    So you would actually just pick each week, that way you wouldn't be locked into a player who was on an enormous cold streak.

Or is out for a month because he pulled his left testicle ligament trying to reach that par 5 in two.

Count me in Judge, I'll play if you get it running.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 8:02 PM

WGTJudgeSmails:

I’m in...and I understand once you pick a golfer you can never pick him again...but...do we do a draft each week OR do we choose a different golfer each week and it's OK if two (or more) of us all have Spieth one week?

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2018 1:31 AM

Thank you, Judge. Think I understood the rules. East Frisia will be there: I am in.

Peace,  Friedel

RSS