Do we all agree...

Wed, Jan 30 2019 5:49 PM (57 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:59 PM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    the game also alters the performance of your clubs

No it doesn't. WGT has affirmed this many times.

Yes it does according to the VEM patent .Which is what causes a lot of the so called wtf shots . As for what WGT has said about it you can take that with a grain of salt . If you paid more attention to the game play than hitting the ding you would see it playing out right in front of you . 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:22 PM

I know the wind effects the ball when putting...not only is the wind different each time, but it doesn't always behave iaw the reading. This could also account for two different results from "similar" putts.

ct

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:48 PM

lonniescott711:

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    the game also alters the performance of your clubs

No it doesn't. WGT has affirmed this many times.

Yes it does according to the VEM patent .Which is what causes a lot of the so called wtf shots . As for what WGT has said about it you can take that with a grain of salt . If you paid more attention to the game play than hitting the ding you would see it playing out right in front of you . 

guys, you are each referencing slightly different things I believe.  

I have seen where WGT has stated they do not alter the "specs" of a club and that those clubs already in play do not "degrade" in performance (ie the nike clubs for example)

that being said, given the complex algorithms utilized in creating a semi-realistic real world scenario or play... you can and do see variance in what can also be labeled or interpreted as the"performance" of a club or shot.  

variation that falls outside the "norm" for a club which is often attributed to "VEM" like condition is what gives people the appearance of "clubs" not performing normally and thus WGT seemingly "altering" the performance... while the club's performance or more appropriately the club's design specifications do not themselves change... there is without question variation in the shots (output or calculation shot results) which some people may label performance.    

yet, it isn't the club's design spec's that have been altered but rather variations in the conditions along with possibly stored player's profile information that will occasionally result in some rounds seeming to play much more difficult than other rounds. 

debating over the semantics of what is technically correct because you are debating without trying to understand what the other person is referencing but rather your assumption of what they are referencing.

It may help to not pull out one specific statement and take it out of context because it sounds as though you have each made reasonable statements pertaining to slightly different aspects of clubs spec's as compared to "what appears to be performance" but could also be described as the "output of the complex algorithms" being used. 

Those results or outputs do in fact vary depending on the input and conditions set by WGT for various rounds and after periodical updates and those varied results can give the appearance of clubs performing differently even when the spec's haven't changed.

over 90-95% of the time the game plays as expected, it is those other 5-10% that can cause some to become frustrated or feel WGT is messing with something.  these are just generalized percentages and not meant to be clearly defined factual percentages but used for the sake of simplifying the discussion.  

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,297 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:19 PM

IM WRONG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>SORRY 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 7:40 PM

The thing I've noticed that all long term pros here at WGT agree on - is that the game changes 'the forgiveness', or words to this effect.

As far as reality goes, you can ask 'Why not just give the best golf physics?'

That's how real life works, one set of physics.

It doesn't 'crank up the vem' or 'change the forgiveness' or 'adjust as you have become more advanced so the game senses this and your bad shots are not as forgiven' bla bla like I've heard them say.

Why not just give the best golf physics?'

Or they say 'at the start they crank up the difficulty of the tourney but they loosen up later'

So, you say the game is changing the forgiveness etc.

Because it's true, it's not just giving the best golf physics, it is changing and affecting something that is a constant. Physics.

Some say, 'As in life you hit the ball well and you expect good results BUT it goes OFF LINE WTF..' But let me let you in on something: 'You DIDN'T hit the ball well' That's how you get a bad shot.

Physics don't change in real life, they stay the same! You don't get a break just because your 10 years old etc. or because you have gained or advanced in your skill.

But some people like that sort of thing, but compared to the game of golf, it is nothing like how physics behave IRL....they remain the same. If the golf game needs to alter this LAW then it is not as realistic because golf is challenging enough without this gimmick.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 7:22 AM

lonniescott711:
    If you paid more attention to the game play than hitting the ding you would see it playing out right in front of you

With almost 5000 ranked rounds and over 8000 AS rounds I think I have a pretty good handle on the game. You, OTOH, don't even have 2000 rounds total in those categories so what makes you think I don't know what's going on?

I've been a student of this game since I got addicted in 2009 and have studied how it works. The equipment simply does not change in any form, just the results that are determined by VEM, deviation and circles of precision.

Play a little more and pay attention.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:16 AM

YankeeJim:
    The equipment simply does not change in any form, just the results that are determined by VEM, deviation and circles of precision.

I still say the sneaky SOB's bent all the shafts on my G20's a few years back !

Doc :)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    The equipment simply does not change in any form, just the results that are determined by VEM, deviation and circles of precision

Thats the game altering the performance of the club dumb a$$ . I never said that it changes the club . I said that it alters  the performance of the club .

I dont have 2000 ranked rounds because I no longer play . I lost interest in the game for the most part . I mostly play a few holes in practice just to hit balls now . Even though I have less than 2000 rounds Im at L112 so I must be doing something . Currently 1036 cdp after restarting from 1333 cdp .

If you spent more time reading entire posts instead of trolling with bits and snippets . You wouldnt be making yourself look like you do . So before you try to check some one check yourself .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 9:56 AM

lonniescott711:
    Thats the game altering the performance of the club dumb a$$ .

WTF is with you and the immature crap? Grow up. 

lonniescott711:
    If you spent more time reading entire posts instead of trolling with bits and snippets . You wouldnt be making yourself look like you do . So before you try to check some one check yourself .

You can't understand how wrong someone is unless you read what they have to say, several times if necessary. I fit that scenario and only talk about my own experiences. In this case they severely outweigh yours and you can't possibly know what I know because of that.

You only go by what you read and that qualifies your opinion on the game, a one-sided view with little experience to back it up, resplendent with colorful insults.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:40 AM

YankeeJim:

lonniescott711:
    Thats the game altering the performance of the club dumb a$ .

WTF is with you and the immature crap? Grow up. 

lonniescott711:

You can't understand how wrong someone is unless you read what they have to say, several times if necessary. I fit that scenario and only talk about my own experiences. In this case they severely outweigh yours and you can't possibly know what I know because of that.

You only go by what you read and that qualifies your opinion on the game, a one-sided view with little experience to back it up, resplendent with colorful insults.

Its nots whats wrong with me . Its whats wrong with you . If you dont read what some one writes then how will you understand what they say ? Youre the one riding my posts not the other way around . You took my post entirely out of text not the other way around 

Youre the one that also is acting so immature and with such a grand attitude . I wasnt at any time commenting on your experiences until you commented on mine . I care less about it all but it seems that you feel that only you can have a point of view . Go troll some one else maybe you`ll have a better time . .

RSS