Forums

Help › Forums

Do we all agree...

Wed, Jan 30 2019 5:49 PM (57 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 10:38 AM

That we can play one game and we read the breaks perfectly and most of them go in.  My quandary is this, Immediately after that game we can play another game on the same course and conditions (Our weekly Unlimited is a good example) and almost all the putts miss by a couple inches or even hit the edge of the hole.  I always think, What the hell?

Is there a logical explanation for this?  Or better yet, is there a way to stop this ugly turn of events?  I've tried resetting the page, saving the game and and get out of my browser, and even shut down my computer and restart it.  So far nothing has worked.

Has anyone found a way to change this trend and return to having the putts break correctly.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:04 PM

Well, there are those who advocate clearing cache after every round. Personally, I seldom clear cache - after an equipment change is about it for me. 

There are even those who say that if you have a great front nine, you should save game, clear cache then return. 

Keeps Reynolds in business. 

:^)

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:29 PM

I don't think that 2 shots are ever the same ,  So I blame myself if I miss . 

• VEM9000
    169 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:48 PM

All my systems are functioning properly, heh heh.

Vem :)

• Gepetto1958
    4,221 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:52 PM

CEverett12:

I don't think that 2 shots are ever the same ,  So I blame myself if I miss . 

+1

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:18 PM

gerryniswonger:

That we can play one game and we read the breaks perfectly and most of them go in.  My quandary is this, Immediately after that game we can play another game on the same course and conditions (Our weekly Unlimited is a good example) and almost all the putts miss by a couple inches or even hit the edge of the hole.  I always think, What the hell?

Is there a logical explanation for this?  Or better yet, is there a way to stop this ugly turn of events?  I've tried resetting the page, saving the game and and get out of my browser, and even shut down my computer and restart it.  So far nothing has worked.

Has anyone found a way to change this trend and return to having the putts break correctly.

First off the better that you play the harder the game plays in return . Its also very hard to put together 2 good back to back rounds . The pros cant do it very often in real golf and its just as hard here .

No you cant stop it because the game also alters the performance of your clubs . It all comes down to the amount of Vem / deviation that you get during play . Its all part of the games program and totally beyond our control . Now if you can figure out how to hack the game then you can change it . Until then just grin and bear it and take it like a man . Play well and have fun .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:22 PM

lonniescott711:
    the game also alters the performance of your clubs

No it doesn't. WGT has affirmed this many times.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:22 PM

The course may be set up the same way. The putts may all be very similar. But can every stroke hit the ding? What about the putts that were made the first time around because the ding was missed (either deliberately or accidentally) but hit the second? Dings missed by a hair once and a mm the second?

And then there is the human side. How well can a person concentrate for 18 holes or 36? Even the best players here are hard pressed to maintain a constant concerted effort over a long period of time. Fingers cramp, backs ache, and bladders demand attention.

Playing solo allows for stoppage, but what about being in a group? How are players affected because others are around? 

Too many variables which is just the reason the game remains a challenge.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:14 PM

golf is like lighting.  Supposed to not strike in the same place twice.  Land on the same exact spot twice, I doubt that.

Think of it this way, ball breaks 1 full grid, you see that both times.  You move aim out 1 grid.  It looks like you are in the same spot as first game, you think.  But because where you are on the green, the angle the ball approaches the hole is 27 degrees one time and 24 degrees the other, one drops, the other doesn't.

There can only be  2  lines into the hole.  The one that drops it dead center, and the one that is on the high side and if the speed is correct may drop in the hole as it is turning towards the hole.  Most anything else misses, be off just a pixel and keep your fingers crossed.

So many variables to explain your putting woes.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:37 PM

Could an opposite wind also be a factor?

RSS