• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 7:20 PM
    https://filehippo.com/download_maxthon/64220/
  • KHarmon5
    160 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 8:24 PM

renniw52:

I get this every game and have to wait 30 seconds. All part of the master plan. What gets me is when a commercial gets down to 5 seconds and jumps to another that lasts another 30-45 seconds. Goodness, great giggly wiggly.

I've found that (PC only) if I right click outside the ad and click 'report this prob to wgt' then click cancel the ad disappears and the course actually loads faster ( I use Maxthon, so not sure if this works on other servers but it sure does on max...  g'bye ads  

Kat

• SoCalJim23
    419 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 2:26 PM

Hi Yankee Jim;

I have been using ADBLOCK here on WGT for about 3 years now....very effective....zero ADS.

However, over the past 2 weeks.....the ADs began to reappear.  Even LONG ADs at the start of ranked round games and after the 9th hole.

So, I uninstalled ADBLOCK......than, reinstalled it.

Guess what?  When I set ADBLOCK on "enable".....meaning, it's ON.  WGT is totally SHUT DOWN.....can't even see my PROFILE.

But, when I select "disable" on ADBLOCK...….my WGT Profile comes back up and the game is totally fine.

I think...……………….WGT's IT people realized they were losing THOUSANDS of $$$$$ in AD money, so, they figured out away to DISABLE the Microsoft ADBLOCK.

Are you NOT getting any ADs now???  Because, I sure am!

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    419 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 3:29 PM

Just a P.S. Jim...…………….

So, Microsoft ADBLOCK really doesn't work any longer.  WGT's IT people have figured outI a way to DISABLE it.  

So now....I get to watch 60 Second long commercials (I turn off the sound and refuse to watch them).  And, I get a TON of "Banner ADs" on my Profile.

WGT did away with VIDEOS that we could watch.....to earn FREE CREDITS.

And, those SURVEYS are lame.  90% of the time, they don't give up the CREDITS they offer.  All they do is TAKE my personal information & other info.....and for all I know SELL it to other parties for profits.  But, I very rarely earn any free credits for doing those SURVEYS.

So, what's left?  Sort of looks to me, that WGT much prefers that we all pay CASH to play this game.

Well...….WGT Advertises this game is FREE, so, from now on, I'm ONLY using the FREE WGT BALLS.  They can't really take those from us, because, then it would be "false Advertising".  It's sort of like the Staff @ WGT has a weekly meeting and tries to come up with NEW ways to make a few extra bucks from everyone of their MILLIONS of Members.  Hey, a few dollars x Millions of members ADDS up.  Now, WHY didn't I think of WGT golf first?  LOL.

And.....I DO realize that WGT Golf is a "business"....and that all good businesses are in business to make a "profit".  But, this game has changed dramatically over the past few years.  

That's OK, playing with FREE WGT balls just makes the game more "challenging"..

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!  Have FUN and try not to allow those ADs to bother you.

Jim

• SoCalJim23
    419 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:00 PM
    THANKS......"spaceghost88".....this LINK does work and eliminates 100% of all ADs here on WGT.
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 4:55 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Are you NOT getting any ADs now???  Because, I sure am!

Nary a one, haven't for ages. The closest thing I see to an ad is the spaceholder between rounds in 18 holes-a blank screen for the duration of what was supposed to be there, usually about 15 secs.

FWIW, I use an older version of Comodo Dragon with an older version of Flash that never updates. Everything else is disabled except Adblock (NOT Adblock Plus) and the browser is strictly for golf. Nothing else is open when I play, not the least of all anything to do with WGT.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 6:08 PM

SoCalJim23:

So, Microsoft ADBLOCK really doesn't work any longer.  WGT's IT people have figured outI a way to DISABLE it.  

WGT did away with VIDEOS that we could watch.....to earn FREE CREDITS.

Jim

Are you using something from Microsoft called AdBlock or similar?  AdBlock is not a Microsoft product.

Also, you can watch videos on mobile for free credits - I do.

Have fun - without ads!

• SoCalJim23
    419 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 9:47 AM

YES...….ADBlockPlus is a Microsoft product.  Google it.  I used it successfully for months.  But, it no longer works here on WGT.

The "Ghost" above......has the correct solution.  I now have his AD Block software solution.....it works.  Thank you for that "solution"....works great!

Also......for whatever reason, WGT was NOT showing any Videos to earn free credits for quite awhile......but, suddenly they are back.

I still have a problem with the WGT Surveys.  IMO, a majority of those Surveys are just "collecting information" on us...…they rarely give me credits; but, they get a LOT of info. from me, which they probably sell to companies who advertise.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:13 AM

SoCalJim23:
    YES...….ADBlockPlus is a Microsoft product.  Google it.

AdblockPlus is not a Microsoft product. Where are you getting the information that it is? 

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:52 AM

Robert1893:

SoCalJim23:
    YES...….ADBlockPlus is a Microsoft product.  Google it.

AdblockPlus is not a Microsoft product. Where are you getting the information that it is? 

Exactly.  Maybe this will register and He will "google it".

Trust me - I avoid any MS product I possibly can!

RSS