Forums

Help › Forums

Saturday Free Talk

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:23 PM (23 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 1:51 PM

When will we be able to play Wolf creek ?

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 3:12 PM

jabonic:

Tiger and Phil were terrible captain picks and before you Tiger and Phil fans tear me apart let me explain.  TIger was and is a great player, but Tiger has never done well in a Ryder cup and when he and Bubba were assistants in 2016 the USA did well.  

As for Phil, he has been a great leader on this team, but it is time for him to be an assistant including this year as he has proved this year he is way past his prime.  All that being said there is really no one to blame but the players, but still dissapointed the way the players are playing.  

Maybe they can pull out a miracle tomorrow and pull it out.

Jabs

I think the bigger issue is that the course was set up knowing who was going to be on that US squad and have just made a course that clearly is built for their team much better. It's tough to say go take Kisner, Cantlay or Schauffele over any of these guys until this slaughter began, but the US desperately misses just having guys who can hit the fairway and green on every hole.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 4:22 PM
    WGTJudgeSmails:

jabonic:

Tiger and Phil were terrible captain picks and before you Tiger and Phil fans tear me apart let me explain.  TIger was and is a great player, but Tiger has never done well in a Ryder cup and when he and Bubba were assistants in 2016 the USA did well.  

As for Phil, he has been a great leader on this team, but it is time for him to be an assistant including this year as he has proved this year he is way past his prime.  All that being said there is really no one to blame but the players, but still dissapointed the way the players are playing.  

Maybe they can pull out a miracle tomorrow and pull it out.

Jabs

I think the bigger issue is that the course was set up knowing who was going to be on that US squad and have just made a course that clearly is built for their team much better. It's tough to say go take Kisner, Cantlay or Schauffele over any of these guys until this slaughter began, but the US desperately misses just having guys who can hit the fairway and green on every hole.

Plus Team Europe is draining killer putts...especially when outside of Team USA. USA is getting it handed to them in all facets of the game. We’ll see what tomorrow will bring, but, they have to seriously wake the blank up.
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 4:57 PM

MartyFlanagan:
    WGTJudgeSmails:
    I just wanted to check in to see how are European community is feeling at the moment and more importantly, what it will take to make the comeback a reality.

Also, I wanted to make it clear that more tournaments will come in the future as well as more of these giveaways, this is something I'm starting to plan out for down the road so we can get some more interaction with the WGT community.

Im still a bit nervous but hopefully the team its it done tomorrow. its been great viewing so far :) P.S. Speaking about more tournaments, we have needed an 18 hole uneven and 9 hole x 2 multi-round uneven for quite some time, the uneven players dont get much choice these days

I will make sure the other WGT admins get the memo, I know a lot of our users enjoy playing those tourneys so I will see what I can do to get more of those available down the road.

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:01 PM

fmt4:

I also don't recall DJ ever playing well in a Ryder. Neither his nor Koepka's games are suited for this course.

To be fair, there aren't a lot of Americans with records I would consider good. Koepka and Dustin are also US Open champions, something that I felt like would translate to success here. Really the team just looks flat and I can't explain why (or why Bubba thinks every putt he misses is funny).

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:05 PM

CEverett12:

When will we be able to play Wolf creek ?

We don't have the specific date just yet, but it will be released later this year. As soon as I or anyone gets a confirmed date, we will make sure to relay that to the community.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 5:54 PM

Free fore all Saturday ?

WGTJudgeSmails:
    That being said, this is free talk Saturday so feel free to write in about anything (following the guidelines of the forums of course, don't be stupid!)

Hi , My name is OPY , and I am Reformed ....  Been a member almost 10 years now and never been in WGT jail !  ...   Time fore a change ..  Calling out player ( "     " ) !   You know who you are and if you want to play the game is on ,  best player you say and I say need a friend ?  you walled look fore your return ( not my wall ) . remember its all about you .

I please the 5th 

WGTJudgeSmails:
    Court is now in session,

OPY

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 6:51 AM

I don’t know if this is the forum to ask this , but someone may be able to offer an answer. I am the owner of a new very small cc, with three members at present and at level four. I have asked wgt why or how come my club got the Georgian as an opponent in the last turf war. As yet I have had no reply , we were also drawn against another level 19 club last month , . I thought the idea is to pitch against like sized and similar level clubs ? I find it rather annoying spending credits to buy passes to activate turf wars , to try and compete , only to find opposition, where in all honestly it isn’t worth even trying . Does anyone have any insight into this for me please. Thankyou Lesley

• wentone
    62 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 8:42 AM

Well done Europe, well deserved win.

RSS