Help › Forums

Saturday Free Talk

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:23 PM (23 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 10:57 AM

WGT Community,

I'm sorry for the delay in posting, it has been an emotional weeks with the return of Tiger Woods and Tony Finau making the Ryder Cup team. I just wanted to check in to see how are European community is feeling at the moment and more importantly, what it will take to make the comeback a reality.

That being said, this is free talk Saturday so feel free to write in about anything (following the guidelines of the forums of course, don't be stupid!). Also, I wanted to make it clear that more tournaments will come in the future as well as more of these giveaways, this is something I'm starting to plan out for down the road so we can get some more interaction with the WGT community. So feel free to message in anything and I will try to answer as many questions as I'm able to (If you want to improve your chances though, I'm still fuming about the United State's performance and will look for any chance to unleash my thoughts on the matter!).

Court is now in session,

The Judge

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 11:19 AM

Can you give your reasons for carrying a hybrid, which seems to overlap your 3i, rather than a third wedge?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 11:29 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    I'm still fuming about the United State's performance

The only two playing with emotion are Justin and Jordan.  Put a fork in 'em...as Team Europe did today.  I neglected part of wife's honey-do list in order to get up and watch this debacle unfold.  Let's just say...

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 11:30 AM

Tiger and Phil were terrible captain picks and before you Tiger and Phil fans tear me apart let me explain.  TIger was and is a great player, but Tiger has never done well in a Ryder cup and when he and Bubba were assistants in 2016 the USA did well.  

As for Phil, he has been a great leader on this team, but it is time for him to be an assistant including this year as he has proved this year he is way past his prime.  All that being said there is really no one to blame but the players, but still dissapointed the way the players are playing.  

Maybe they can pull out a miracle tomorrow and pull it out.

Jabs

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:05 PM
    WGTJudgeSmails:
    I just wanted to check in to see how are European community is feeling at the moment and more importantly, what it will take to make the comeback a reality.

Also, I wanted to make it clear that more tournaments will come in the future as well as more of these giveaways, this is something I'm starting to plan out for down the road so we can get some more interaction with the WGT community.

Im still a bit nervous but hopefully the team its it done tomorrow. its been great viewing so far :) P.S. Speaking about more tournaments, we have needed an 18 hole uneven and 9 hole x 2 multi-round uneven for quite some time, the uneven players dont get much choice these days
  • craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:19 PM

Was in vegas last week . Visited wolf creek and top golf .

Bought  2 drinks costing 25 bucks and put a dollar in the slots .

Barman ripped up my bill and said anyone who plays the slots gets free drink .

Result .

• fmt4
    2 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:28 PM

I also don't recall DJ ever playing well in a Ryder. Neither his nor Koepka's games are suited for this course.

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 1:11 PM

HackWilson1930:

Can you give your reasons for carrying a hybrid, which seems to overlap your 3i, rather than a third wedge?

I actually like the hybrid because even when the yardages are similar, the club has different stats than the irons. However, having a third wedge allows you to hit more shots around the green, something that can be very important in the game. There are benefits to both, it really is a comfort thing in my opinion.

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 1:19 PM

pmm711:

WGTJudgeSmails:
    I'm still fuming about the United State's performance

The only two playing with emotion are Justin and Jordan.  Put a fork in 'em...as Team Europe did today.  I neglected part of wife's honey-do list in order to get up and watch this debacle unfold.  Let's just say...

I woke up early this morning to watch four-ball, but soon realized an hour in that I had made a terrible mistake. Unfortunately, the US missing fairways hasn't seemed to go away so I think we might be in for a long single's day tomorrow.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 1:23 PM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    I woke up early this morning to watch four-ball, but soon realized an hour in that I had made a terrible mistake

Wondering myself if I start watching at 1AM am I going to be sorry for losing the sleep. LOL

And as you seem to be a golf enthusiast, how about answering Hack's question in the second post? I am appalled that you don't have 3 wedges.  :-D

RSS