Forums

Help › Forums

Past time for a new course !!!

Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:07 AM (34 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 1:03 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:

While WGT may not be the fastest to add new courses to the game, there is no need to be rude to Champion. 

I know this is derailing, but since you are replying Champ, what is the future of WGT after flash? It won't be supported for much longer? Will it spell the end of WGT or are you guys porting to a new programming language or engine?

While Flash is no longer going to be supported in the future, it will not be gone, meaning people can still use flash, but there will not be any new updates for flash. 

There are ongoing conversations about what the future of WGT looks like on a computer, and while I don't have anything definitive to share at this time, no part of that conversation is about shutting down the game in any capacity. WGT will outlive flash. 

alosso:

WGTChampion:
    Was there something we said recently about pins? 
    Ask Chad (MisterWGT) about the live conference with his customers and the time shortly after. Guessing 2012+

The latest second pin set that I remember is Merion, about 2014.

Alas, the fact that you deny current incidents so keenly (pointing to 2010) enables a thought of company brainwash :(

I didn't even work here until June 2015. Unless I did and I have some kind of pin-placement repression. Officially, I have no news regarding new pins at this time. 

Be nice to me. (This should be my new catchphrase around here) 

_CHAMPION 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 1:21 PM

WGTChampion:
    Be nice to me. (This should be my new catchphrase around here) 

I'll tell you what Champion, just seeing you on here in an increased presence lately, acknowledging posts, giving feedback, making a few tournies, the Atlanta thing........is a very welcome positive to the game and the forums. I think your recent efforts are to be commended, actual WGT responses in the main forum have been far and few between, forever it seems. Your recent efforts are not without appreciation, from most of us anyways. :-)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 1:38 PM

Thank you! 

_CHAMPION 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 2:08 PM

YankeeJim:
    And you know this how? Rather idiotic statement IMO

I know this because the game play speaks for its self .Nothing idiotic about it other than you on your knees again for WGT . Everything I said is true except I should have said 7 days a week instead of 5 . Players have been asking for new pins for years now and nothings been done . Also with down times for 2 - 3 hours and nothing gets fixed . If anything something else gets broken . 

WGT can always add something new to the pro shop but cant fix anything or do anything to improve game play .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 4:21 PM

lonniescott711:
    I know this because the game play speaks for its self .Nothing idiotic about it other than you on your knees again for WGT

Mature. Shows what you know.

lonniescott711:
    WGT can always add something new to the pro shop but cant fix anything or do anything to improve game play .

Good business model especially because they have the game play right. Mine's as good as ever. 

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:37 PM

WGTChampion:
    Officially, I have no news regarding new pins at this time. 

Be nice to me.

*smiles* I appreciate you replying (nice enough? <grins>)

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 7:31 AM

We all know new courses are needed, Lets face it we have 12 course. St andrews, Pinehurst, Merion, Chambers, Bandon, St George's, Pebble, Olympic, Kiawah, Congressional, Erin, bethpage. Yes im counting Bandon even though its a par 3 course but is somthing different. 

for me you cant count the ctth course, i wouldn't waste any more time doing them if the course isn't going to be fully in play.

Carbo and Whistle are not a course for me either, graphics look terrible. 

Wolf creek is going to be a good addition but isn't enough. Barley able to have a different tournament each month on the tour calendar isn't good enough. 

yes its expensive and costs for a new course but they are needed big time. 

I dont think the game needs anymore big fancy courses, so no need to be wasting money on getting them. yes the new courses need to be long but there is plenty of courses out there 7000+. Dont have to go far, bet there are plenty within 100 miles of top golfs HQ.

I would love to see top golf go to a few other countries to increase the profile of the game. Will they do this? No as the are not in many other countries. Which is probably the biggest problem, they dont see this as a game more of a promotion for themselves. No top golf, no course. 

Surely the cost factor in countries like China, Japan, South africa would be alot cheaper than in the Us/Uk. 

Its good to see they are starting to do some sponsorship stuff with players like the lexi thomson event, hope they carry on down this path and try get some sponsors to help with new courses. 

Lastly, if they dont do more than 1 pin on wolf creek then they should just give up now. Any course made from now should have minimum 2 pin positions if not 3!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:11 AM

Williams01210021:

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:23 PM

alosso:

DAZZA501:
    Why?
    Humiliation.

What a store sign would a new "Pitch&Putt" be for the WORLD GOLF TOUR?

Have to agree with that. Red Tee's are already Drive, Pitch and Putt.

Driving a green with a 3W or 3I for that matter wouldn't be much of a challenge.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 12:41 AM

we have a few course over in the uk that are made up of 3 9's. If wgt to find a course somewhere that is 3 9's and measures the right distance it could potentially be a great idea. Having the 3 loops of 9 gives a few different varietys of 18. You would be able to choose the 3 different combo's on the list to play a full 18. 

RSS