Forums

Help › Forums

⛳ Ryder Cup 2018 ⛳

Wed, Oct 3 2018 3:29 AM (88 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 3:58 AM

Think as I posted earlier regarding USA not used to course.

I think only Thomas played French open at this course recently from the whole of the US team....and he was great.

Poor preparation if that's the case .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 6:30 AM
    Congratulations to the European players, on a job well done! Obviously you went out there prepared to win, unfortunately we couldn't give you a better fight. Sorry to say that we failed miserably, starting with the choice of players, all the up to the leadership position. Maybe next time
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 7:18 AM

Luckystar5:
    Congratulations to the European players, on a job well done! Obviously you went out there prepared to win, unfortunately we couldn't give you a better fight. Sorry to say that we failed miserably, starting with the choice of players, all the up to the leadership position. Maybe next time

too be honest friend you cant really blame the captain for his players not performing,he picks the pairings and they looked strong on paper,what these prima donna players werent prepared for was the rough surrounding the fairways,in america the rough is cut right down so you can smash it as far as you can and still have a shot into the green,that was not the case in france,if you put it in the rough it stayed there,also the crowds were well back from the rough so it wasnt trodden down if a shot went awol getting a good lie,

also only 1 american player came over to take part in the french open justin thomas who made a top ten finish.

the captain is always an easy target although i must admit he made a massive mistake outting mickleson out in the foursomes day 1,also why wasnt reid and speith together as they had a great partnership,

but that doesnt matter if two players cant hit fairways even with irons then you cant blame the captain plus looking at them over the three days they looked as if they couldnt be bothered and didnt want to be there,

no doubt it will be fifferent in two years time at whistling straits.it looks liks a lovely links course which would suit europe but they will probably cut the rough down so the americans can smash it and still have a shot into the green,

well done europe i loved it

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:06 AM
    I'm not blaming the capt for each players performance, but the capt is responsible for the out come. The capt is to blame for the overall outcome, if we had won, he would have gotten the credit, as so he should get the blame for losing. It's very easy for anyone to say what we should have done, now that we know what happened there, but his pregame strategy was wrong from the onset, starting with some of the players that he chose. Why choose someone like tiger, when he has one of the worst records in cup performances? Why break up a winning duo, like Reed and Spieth? Those were his decisions, as capt, even though there is conflicting stories as to who did what. Reed now claims that Jordan wanted them spit up. Players are stating that Furyk, wanted the decisions to be made by the players themselves, but then in the post game interviews, he says that it was all on him. Doesn't sound to me like a very good leader. As far as course conditions go, well, if the rough sucked that bad, use your course management skills to stay out of it. (I know that it's easy to say) but hey, let's face it, those that were sent to represent us, are suppost to be the very best, at what they do. What a good capt does, is try to lift his team spirits, when they are down, remind them of things like how bad the rough is, etc. My opinion here, is that over inflated egos, and being too confident, were the biggest mistakes made by us. Trying to play outside of their game, is what caused the major mistakes, like missing the fairways, and being in the rough. Then when you're getting beat, you try even harder to try to catch up. That will almost always get you into deeper trouble, skill set wise, and even more importantly attitude wise. Pure facts are, that we were outplayed, and out managed, and we were beaten by the better team.
  • WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 12:58 PM

craigswan HK ver 2.0:

So my reverse psychology worked again .

Just like when I backed England to win world cup .

No need to say thank you guys .

Boy - I'M GOOD .

What a treble - Lewis to win . Europe to win and Livingston to win .

Yer a funny guy, Craig... sometimes.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 1:04 PM

WigerToods2010:
    Going for the following with Open champion Molinari sealing the victory for Europe:

Aww c'mon peeps - wee bit of credit where it's due.

Superb stuff from "YOOOOR  UPPPPP!".

Patrick Reed = 12 year old?  "He widnae play wiv me" - pathetic.

:-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 1:09 PM

alcaucin:
    'Believe in Blue'

Sounds better with a Northern English accent ;-)

Still on the naughty step??? tsk tsk you.

:)

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 1:48 PM

bubbsboy:

Be tighter than some think. Yes USA team better on paper but..... cross

1. Europeans played this course a lot more than USA   Tick

2. Lots of Brits gone over to watch  Tick

3. Feeling some of these US folk simply dont get on.  Tick

4. Slower greens than US used to.  Tick

5. Tiger.....dont care for him (not a reason but i just wanted to throw that in) ;-)  Tick

Did ok myself Johnny......other than first statement as it was anything but tight ;-)

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 2:23 PM

bubbsboy:
    Did ok myself Johnny......other than first statement as it was anything but tight ;-)

Aye, y'all certainly did... we are talking golf, right?

This had me creased...

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 12:47 AM

Our best wishes and a speedy recovery should go to the poor spectator who was hit by a wayward tee shot on the first day.

Let's just hope that she doesn't lose her sight in that eye.

Willie

RSS