Help › Forums

WGTChampion's Tournament of Weirdness

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:34 AM (29 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:18 AM

SacredCow40:

Why can I find any details about what constitutes its weirdness. For example, I went to play and noticed my clubs reverted to hacker clubs. Now I can't leave the game to check to see if I have my original clubs properly equipped or I will be forfeited. In my opinion, it should state in the description above about the club changes for those who haven't played one of these before (like me).

It's a set of the week game, so your clubs change when you play the tourney. 

_CHAMPION 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 12:10 PM

There are a couple of nasty holes out there.

I fell apart a bit after the 4th hole, dropped 6 shots over the next 4 holes  : (

I started the back 9 with 4 pars but then let a few slip past again and made a real bad of the last hole.

One tip for those yet to play, be very sure you have the right meter before you putt.  You do NOT want to have the 60 feet one when you think you have the 30 feet ............

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:43 PM

Thx for the tip sir

Sounds it's fun

Looking at scores not seeing those crazy 37's on Bandon

Wgtchampion 👍 u r one crazy with your choices sir 😂

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:52 PM

I'm not sure what the actual green speed was (although I obviously made a fairly good guess)...but I can tell you what it wasn't.

Doubled the first hole...because I actually believed that little trickster Champion...but birdies on 2, 6 and 16 more than made up for that.

Definitely had a lot of fun with this one!  And to coin a phrase, "Please sir, may I have some more?".  ;-)

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 2:37 AM
    Jerm65:

I'm not sure what the actual green speed was (although I obviously made a fairly good guess)...but I can tell you what it wasn't.

Doubled the first hole...because I actually believed that little trickster Champion...but birdies on 2, 6 and 16 more than made up for that.

Definitely had a lot of fun with this one!  And to coin a phrase, "Please sir, may I have some more?".  ;-)

That was a cracking round Jezza. I made the same mistake on the 1st. When i seen 161 on the stimp i gave 15ft power on a 70ft putt. Got nowhere near the hole. Not even half way. I WD after pitching up a hill and it coming back to my feet despite going past the hole on about the 6th or 7th.
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 2:47 AM
    DAZZA501:
    Jerm65:

That was a cracking round Jezza. I made the same mistake on the 1st. When i seen 161 on the stimp i gave 15ft power on a 70ft putt. Got nowhere near the hole. Not even half way. I WD after pitching up a hill and it coming back to my feet despite going past the hole on about the 6th or 7th.
    I had the same thing happen to me...pitched up past the hole only to roll back down past where I originally was standing. I figured it was a result of me using my normal free rocks...evidently not. Jerms shooting 53 is as insane as this tourney.
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 3:33 AM

MainzMan:

Damn, there are a couple of nasty holes out there.

I fell apart a bit after the 4th hole, dropped 6 shots over the next 4 holes  : (

I started the back 9 with 4 pars but then let a few slip past again and made a real ar$e of the last hole.

One tip for those yet to play, be very sure you have the right meter before you putt.  You do NOT want to have the 60 feet one when you think you have the 30 feet ............

The last hole was only hole i birdied. the insane green speed was bad enough but playing under those conditions with a set of clubs for the first time made it that much harder.

another tip for those that haven't played it yet start with deducting 55%  or so from the length of the putt and experiment from there.

• SacredCow40
    43 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 6:02 AM

It's a humbling experience, but really enjoyed it. I can't wait to play something similar again. What do you mean by set of the week game? Will this tourney be incorporated weekly? I hope so.

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 6:05 AM

Wgt release a particular set common to all everu week

Usually in club tournaments those setting up can see the option

All play the same equipment for that tournament

Only thing u can choose ur choice of balls and can play them

RSS