Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger Woods haters just had it forcefully and permanently stuck in their craw

Tue, Apr 16 2019 12:44 PM (77 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:02 AM

Luckystar5:
    As far as an ego trip goes, I wonder how it feels to have been removed as the nike spokesman, replaced by kapernack, and he has to pay 10s of thousands of dollars to get a woman in bed with him, yes a great big ego trip! As far as all the players that congratulated him, yes it spoke volumes, that is to all the other players, true gentlemen.

I'll bet you he'd say he deserved to be removed from Nike, so it probably feels about like it should.

True gentlemen who have probably not forgotten but have forgiven his past -- unlike you.  Again he'd be the 1st to say he F'd up, and that he deserved every bit of ridicule he ever received.  Their support means more than a billion you and I's -- and it'll continue this weekend in France.  

People mature, people change. 

Suppose you've never done something you regret?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:39 AM
    There is no reason for me to forgive him, he did nothing to me! Did he embarrass himself, the game of golf, yes, his wife and kids, yes, those are the ones he should want forgiveness from, not me. I'm just stating facts, did he accomplish many fantastic things, yes, but that doesn't mean everybody has to like him. Everybody has their favorites, obviously he's not mine. As far as your other comment goes, as a matter of fact, I regret nothing, did I make mistakes, yes, but I don't regret them, because I learned from them. Just because we don't happen to agree with you, gives you no reason to lash out at us. When it comes to tiger , I will ALWAYS be for the other guy. Nothing personal, just the way I am.
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 12:57 PM

kavvz:
    Again he'd be the 1st to say he F'd up, and that he deserved every bit of ridicule he ever received. 

Guys, it isn't a pi55ing contest... but I will note one of the biggest possible reasons whether we agree or not is Tiger "in essence" marketed himself to all of us... he was and continues to make millions off of his image.  He lost a few sponsors but he didn't lose all of them and while he may have taken a back seat to Nike he didn't lose their endorsement dollars.  

It is probably why athletes sometimes walk a fine line in also serving as role models even when they don't wish to be.  So while his actions may have seemingly impacted only his family... a lot of people felt hurt, betrayed, and their trust compromised.  One of his closest relationships with his long term caddy Stevie W was severed...

I am not suggesting any one has to change their personal feelings but try to explain why diverse opinions can still exist.  

Yes, we all make mistakes... but again with Tiger in particular  was it the first time, second, third or the twelfth time … or do you regard all of those separate acts as one big mistake.  That is possibly why in part, the perceptions fester or linger... 

I do not know him personally and I won't be the one to judge so it isn't on me...

I am just trying to share why perceptions for all can still vary for different people...

I don't try to hate him, but again his comeback or whatever you want to call it... didn't give me goosebumps like say watching the movie Seabiscuit making a remarkable comeback to win after overcoming obstacles and injury, or the cubs or red sox finally winning the World Series...   

Tiger isn't really an underdog story, his decline was self-inflicted and he has likely paid a price for that but it is also reasonable to say he is getting him game back together... we don't want to say back to like the "old Tiger" but rather to a "new Tiger" better than before without so much of the hubris that contributed to his fall.  

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 5:03 PM

This is good for the game of golf  .          Tiger  Woods  has shown us  how good he is  ,put is name  in the history books .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 6:09 PM

Deity type contenders aside humanity is in no doubt it still awaits its first perfect human.

Tiger enters the list of statues due for tumbling by a future generation with nothing better to do than work out he had imperfections.

For now I like to concentrate on what he has done in golf and maybe even the good things he has done outside of it.

Well played and my best wishes to him for the future.  Not the greatest comeback ever, if there is such a thing, but the world of golf has got a buzz injection that it's doubtful anyone else could have given it............He has done superb and could well do even better...Saying something in his case.  Super stuff:)

Song comes to mind:)....Chas Hodges passed recently, and perhaps a reminder to concentrate on the positives versus looking for imperfection lists:

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 6:48 PM

good to see him back in the winning circle 

• tw0str0kepenalty
    126 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 7:33 PM

LouisPeter0:
    This will go down in history as the greatest comeback in all sports. Not just golf. ALL sports. 
    Mario Lemieux

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 7:40 PM

Tiger is back... Alright, Alright, Alright  

Our
    @ConorSketches brings you reactions to @TigerWoods' 80th win from @McConaughey, @IanJamesPoulter, @TheNotoriousMMA & more

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/1044241295076515840

• pjctas0822
    4,548 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:55 PM

Robert1893:

pjctas0822:
    Sin is Sin my brother big or little small or great. 

This isn't really the place to get into a discussion on theology, but that really isn't true. That's just bad theology. 

As one of my OT professors once said, "If David is a man after God's own heart, then there's hope for me!" 

There's hope for everyone (even your old professor) .

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 2:42 AM

Folks are crossing up his golf talent with his moral compass...Bill Clinton was a talented politician, but....

RSS