Forums

Help › Forums

Product suggestion- Better camera angles

Thu, Oct 11 2018 3:06 AM (9 replies)
  • HelmetHair
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 4:16 PM

Hello,

I would like the camera behind the green at least, to be lower to the ground where it would show the lay of the land better. Many of them are from so high that you get no sense of what's going on.

I would actually like to see most of the course cameras lower to the ground, I think many of them are too high. Maybe it's just me, but I can't tell from those 'approach' cameras if the green tilts away or toward me. I know the lower views are there, after you hit they switch to more eye-level view to show the ball land and roll out (most of the time).

Is there a way to scroll the view around? Sometimes if I'm close to bushes or something, and I want to pitch out sideways or backwards I can't change the view. The other cameras usually don't help either. I see it's possible on the green, you can move the view just a bit off to the side, like that. Or have a 3rd person camera that's above and slightly behind you, that would help as well.

Over all, the game is enjoyable enough, there's just something lacking in the viewpoints that makes it hard to play sometimes, and even harder to spend money on it.

Regards-

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 10:08 AM

No new views because they are genuine photographs, taken at WGT's visits to the courses!

• HelmetHair
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2018 8:04 PM

alosso:

No new views because they are genuine photographs, taken at WGT's visits to the courses!

Huh?? The view changes after you hit to a better one. What are you talking about? The whole game is full of better views- after you hit though.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:01 PM

HelmetHair:
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't tell from those 'approach' cameras if the green tilts away or toward me.

When you practice - or in any game - move the aimer around the green to check elevations anywhere you want.  Switch to pitch mode to see dots moving (when close enough).

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:02 PM

HelmetHair:

alosso:

Huh?? The view changes after you hit to a better one. What are you talking about? The whole game is full of better views- after you hit though.

A lot of what you see after you hit the ball is animation using the actual course topography.

• bigal1968747
    344 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:01 PM

MY gripe is with the camera angles on a specific hole  ..  notably , the 15th @ Kiawah.

Would have to be the worst hole for viewing the green , and trying to line up a putt , in the game ! Need binoculars for some of those putts ! Luckily , these glasses come in handy .. or I'd be lost !  ;)

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 6:27 PM

That's why the courses look realistic..because are made in base of photographs, others Golf games who are designed FULL in 3d have always the same perspective, no matter what spot of the course you are, but not looks so ''realistics'', we cant have ALL... basically

I play two others Golf games, Links2003 & TGC, 3d environment, and i prefer... the SAME perspective always, so play here because the look of the fields, cant expect much more

• HelmetHair
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2018 10:39 PM

I get that it's only a flash game, and it's limited what they can do. It's just pathetic that a lot of camera views are from the Goodyear blimp....worthless. Or when your dude is behind the map, trying to figure the angle of the wind is stupid. I think the "realistic" look is not the most important thing in a game,  gameplay itself should be their focus- especially if they expect me to spend real money. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 11:01 PM

HelmetHair:
    It's just pathetic that a lot of camera views are from the Goodyear blimp....worthless

This part really gets me on replays!!  I mean, who wants a view of a nice shot from 10,000 ft?!?!

• craigswan
    30,953 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2018 3:06 AM

press the camera before hitting and you get opposite view .

and .

press view replay after hitting shot and you get 5 or 6 different angles of your shot .

RSS