Forums

Help › Forums

Pebble Beach #9 UEL

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:46 PM (2 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:21 PM

I was hoping someone would be able to give me a tip on how to play #9 @ Pebble Beach with uneven lies. I am fairly new to playing UEL, and my only real strategy is to not get into trouble and to try to always hit it somewhere flat. However, with #9 at Pebble, I can't even figure out where to hit my drive that is not in trouble. I am hoping that I am just missing an easier way here. Any suggestions, or tips? 

Thanks in advance,   Brett

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:34 PM
    Tough hole in UEL. I've found the best way is to play to the high point on the left of the fairway just before the slope. This leaves around 210-220yds with a slight left to right slope. Play it long and hope you hole the putt or at worst 2 putt because anywhere short of the green is near impossible to get up and down.
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 12:46 PM

DAZZA501:
    Tough hole in UEL. I've found the best way is to play to the high point on the left of the fairway just before the slope. This leaves around 210-220yds with a slight left to right slope. Play it long and hope you hole the putt or at worst 2 putt because anywhere short of the green is near impossible to get up and down.

I wondered if that might work, but failed so bad the first time I tried it that it made me feel plain stupid. lol I played for about 5 extra yards thinking it would be plenty safe, and hit short of the bunker, before bouncing into the bunker. I guess I just need to hit it harder.  I will try that spot again.

Thank you.

RSS