Forums

Help › Forums

Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 2:58 AM

jayw4862:
    PS...Paul (pmm) is coming. He loves to talk. He'd probably love to be a commentator!!

Too funny Jay...see what you're about to get me into...LOL  I look forward to seeing you again.  Looks like you're coming in for Friday evening too.  I might have you make a pit stop in Warm Springs to grab a case of wine for me and the Mrs.  Mags is staying on what's basically the GA Tech campus where my daughter attends, so Glenda may also be with me.  I just called your cell to discuss logistics and left a message.

WGTChampion:

If you (or someone you know) is interested in being a live commentator for this event, possibly lives in the Atlanta area, is comfortable on camera and speaking in front of people, and wants to have a good time at Topgolf while being a part of WGT history – let us know!

_CHAMPION 

Champ,

I sent a pm to you too.  I’m picking up Mags at the Atlanta airport and will be with him most of the weekend until dropping him back at ATL for his departing flight.  I will be present at the setup on Friday and can be the commentator during the "live" event on Saturday.  I assume you’re going to be at the setup so we can talk a bit more then.  

Looking forward to possibly assisting...should be a FUN time!

Paul

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 6:12 AM

Planning 0n being there.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 6:42 AM

jayw4862:

Some of us know who the 2 players are. Why aren't they listed?

My understanding is they have accepted and it's a go.

Yes does seem a bit strange that 1,but that's WGT for you.I knew this event wouldn't be plain sailing(well at least 1 side of the draw worked out) Having to go back to a losing quarter finalist to face Mags in the live final is funny :)

Russell

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:42 AM

So, who's playing mags?  Is it a secret?  ;)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 7:57 AM

kavvz:

Naturali is playing him

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 8:42 AM

pmm711:

kavvz:

Naturali is playing him

Thx!  Really hope its available to watch online.  

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 8:43 AM

pmm711:

kavvz:

Naturali is playing him

Yes! The match is Fmagnets vs Naturali

The event time is local time (eastern). 

Not entirely sure if/how we'll be broadcasting yet. 

pmm711, If you're serious about helping commentate I'll run it up the chain. 

Your favorite WGT moderator (obviously that's me) will be there. We're also working to put together a little WGT meetup before the match. 

Let's party!

_CHAMPION 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 9:43 AM

WGTChampion:
    pmm711, If you're serious about helping commentate I'll run it up the chain. 

Yes...please let the powers that be know I'm very interested in being your live commentator. Please read the pm I sent you too.

Sounds like it's going to be a blast!  Party on!!!!!!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 9:55 AM

WGTChampion:

Sure hope something is done.  Either live or recorded for later viewing.  

Otherwise, it like it's not happening for disproportionate numbers.  i.e. those that can't go to Atlanta.  

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 10:59 AM

kavvz:

WGTChampion:

Sure hope something is done.  Either live or recorded for later viewing.  

Otherwise, it like it's not happening for disproportionate numbers.  i.e. those that can't go to Atlanta.  

All that needs to be done is on Friday, when the 2 players are at TG, have have them quickly download OBS or Xsplit (whichever they use) and set it up (takes less then 10 minutes max, start to finish). 

That way, both can live stream for the customers you already have here on WGT that can't go to Atlanta. It would be a slap in the face to ignore your WGT members/communty only to focus on a handful of strangers. 

I'm going to do as much video as I can. Hopefully others will record some of the action, too.

RSS