Forums

Help › Forums

Change Hole Location

Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:32 PM (6 replies)
  • U751
    22 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:07 PM

When will we see hole location changes? 8 years  now. Can we please have some new hole locations?  Some variety of some sort? A TINY, TINY bit of variety? Like 5-10 hole locations per hole? I mean, you have had 8 years. Think 8 years is enough to come up with at least 5 locations?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 6:01 PM

U751:

When will we see hole location changes? 8 years  now. Can we please have some new hole locations?  Some variety of some sort? A TINY, TINY bit of variety? Like 5-10 hole locations per hole? I mean, you have had 8 years. Think 8 years is enough to come up with at least 5 locations?

Why are you complaining ? You cant be bored with playing the courses the way they are . Although you have :

8 yr. old account

Level 88 - which means you hardly play .

70 Ranked Rounds

No A/S or M/P - This also means that you hardly play .

Also it doesnt work that way with the hole locations . WGT cant just pull pin placements out of the air . Once the courses have been photographed then that`s it . It would stand to reason that they should have at least 4 or maybe 5 pin placements that would be it . 

I have been here for 7 years myself so to a point you arent wrong . I do agree that in between adding new courses they could have been adding new pin locations in between .Every course should have at least 3 minimum pin locations . 

Its sad that WGT has invested so little into upgrading the courses for better play .

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 11:11 PM

What I find truly extraordinary is that it's the new courses that only have 1 pin position.

All of the older ones have 2, it's as if they were better at forward planning back then.  If I recall correctly they even returned to Congressional to shoot new pin positions.  This must have been way more expensive than having shot multiple positions in the first place so I find it incredible that they would then do Olympic, RSG, Pinehurst, Pebble, Chambers and Erin with only 1 set of pins.  Surely they wouldn't have been so daft would they?

Unless I'm mistaken, which is possible, of the courses released since Congressional only Merion has 2 pin positions.

• woodyfar
    3 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 9:20 AM

The biggest problem is wind.....When is wind almost always 18-20mph on every course?....I can see that with St. Andrews, but with Congressional and others, the wind thing gets kinda old. More often than not, no wind is as challenging as high wind, and a flat green as challenging as much as an off the mountain putt. Realistically speaking, when you play real golf, you dont encounter all these challenges on every single hole and every single green. Most times I feel like Im putting on top of a pyramid. This is a great game with great detail, and I truly appreciate the design and labor that went into it!....How about a tiny bit more detail that makes a huge difference? 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 7:32 PM

woodyfar:
    The biggest problem is wind.....When is wind almost always 18-20mph on every course?...

No it is not.  Play PB all the time, you are going to get wind.  You can practice to any wind you like and wind varies, unless set by a tournament creator.

If you find no wind challenging, then you just need some more practice.  I need more practice.  Most of us need more practice.

This game is pretty realistic for virtual golf - within the limits of what can be done.  If there were no challenges, why play?  The lower level clubs and balls will not play as well as the higher level ones, but there is no need to buy more stuff until you get decent with the starter and low-level stuff.  Maybe give it a couple of more months.

• JohnNorton0
    28 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:32 PM

play pebble, there are new pin locations now.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 3:24 PM

There you go. New holes for the Virtual US Open at Pebble Beach.

http://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2019/04/30/may-2019-game-updates.aspx

RSS