Forums

Help › Forums

How come??

Mon, Sep 17 2018 9:21 PM (6 replies)
  • zelfuz
    4 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 9:25 PM

I ugraded my driver from starters to tour starters driver.. It was credits i earned not money out of pocket but still it was an upgrade. My question is why am i driving same distance or getting out drove by the beginners club.. Hitting on the ding "let the big dog eat" goes nowhere... Is it cause im a girl? Not cool!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:01 AM

Not b/c you're a girl.  The female avatars hit the same distance as the male ones do.

That gold driver is a marginal upgrade to the initial starter driver.

Varying amounts of spin on the ball and/or varying balls will have an effect on how far any club will hit. 

There's also deviation in every shot you hit on WGT. i.e. no 2 shots will have identical outcomes.  

So it's normal and all part of the game.  Sometimes you'll hit longer, others you won't.  

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 10:27 PM

Also, male or female, you have to focus on the balls. There can be a huge difference in the length and performance of different balls.

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 3:40 PM

zelfuz:

I ugraded my driver from starters to tour starters driver.. It was credits i earned not money out of pocket but still it was an upgrade. My question is why am i driving same distance or getting out drove by the beginners club.. Hitting on the ding "let the big dog eat" goes nowhere... Is it cause im a girl? Not cool!

Those clubs are only rated 5 yards apart (~2%) so even dinged shots with the randomness someone mentioned earlier are generally going to go the same distance.

What you probably should have done is save up a little longer for the Pro 9.5 degree driver.  It's only rated for +10 yards over the starter, but I felt that it was noticeable at your tier level.  It was enough to usually enough on those long holes where an off ding shot might not reach the fairway with the starter driver.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 9:55 PM

+1 to all replies!

DarthMo0:
    What you probably should have done is save up a little longer for the Pro 9.5 degree driver.  It's only rated for +10 yards over the starter, but I felt that it was noticeable at your tier level. 

At L81, the OP has a wide choice of 3WDs at hand with notable advantages:

- approx. 1/3 of a driver's cost, and
    - double use, also on the FWs!

But, any upgrade will (hopefully) lead to better play and, eventually, tier promotion. For Tour Pros, the next step (to Master) is severe, longer tracks requiring better clubs.

WGT's accountants are waiting for your bucks ;)

Have fun!!

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2018 4:05 AM

Lots of good advice given already :) If you have the opportunity to make some more credits, a good driver would be the PING G25 L58.It will see you through many tiers, all the way up to Legend i would say.

ping g25 105 driver l58.aspx?i=5f39965a 100f 47e9 bbe9 6f91800d75a7

Cheers

Bjorn

• zelfuz
    4 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 9:21 PM

Thank you all so much for the feed back all of the replys were helpful and kind. I just love this game vert & real their is so much to learn it never gets old.

Soon i will be opening up the purse and do a proper upgrade of clubs then its look out boys! See you on the tee someday. Teehee...

RSS