Forums

Help › Forums

Where Are The New Courses??

Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:51 PM (71 replies)
  • chilimatt
    787 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 2:43 PM

mossbacker:

It appears to me that in the time since TopGolf purchased WGT, only a couple courses that were already in process were added. Rushed into play uncompleted. The only new content added has been coin rooms, sponsor play, fluff like green view, putt preview, and spiffy new graphics. GIVE US OPTION TO DISABLE PUTT PREVIEW

In every single town of any size in the USA, people are salivating to do drone work. Hire a local guy to collect video, you don't even have to leave the office. Thousands of hours compiling video to make a new course?  8 weeks for a team of 6.

No more excuses, we pay for product and we are being shorted. I am yearning for a next-gen game because even though this one is challenging, the software it is based on is over 20 years old.

Yup. Old and outdated

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 3:29 PM

"No more excuses, we pay for product and we are being shorted."

Actually, the game is free....but, it would be nice to have a few more courses or at least different pin locations.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 3:43 PM

I get to play some great courses and never leave my home to do so...MasterCard would call that PRICELESS!!!!!

We all know Wolf Creek is coming, so exercise a little patience.  Maybe when WGT releases it, and they see the GREAT, POSITIVE responses and feedback from EVERYONE, maybe they'll be motivated to get hopp'in on adding more.  Until then...quit your bittch'in, after all, THE GAME IS FREE ffs.

• Naugahyde
    92 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 5:02 PM

Well, different pin locations is an idea that has shown up in this thread quite a bit. That would make several of the courses that we already have play very differently.

I'm no IT person, but would WGT have to go back to our courses and take 3,000 more photos to change the pin locations on our existing courses?

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 5:22 PM

Naugahyde:

Well, different pin locations is an idea that has shown up in this thread quite a bit. That would make several of the courses that we already have play very differently.

I'm no IT person, but would WGT have to go back to our courses and take 3,000 more photos to change the pin locations on our existing courses?

On the face of it, I don't think it's that complicated...but there must be a reason they haven't done it.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 7:19 PM

ct690911:

Naugahyde:

On the face of it, I don't think it's that complicated...but there must be a reason they haven't done it.

CT, 

Think of the pin locations we currently have and some of the weird views we putt from...it must take a ton of pictures to get things just right.  I don't think an avid, amateur photographer would be able to give the job the proper due diligence as was mentioned by someone above....just saying.

In thinking about the complexity of it all, I do have a photographer bud who invented a 3D imaging program that requires a 360 degree feed from a camera.  Say I wanted to get an exact copy of your head; I would walk around and film your head in one continuous stream and then that would feed the imaging program he developed.  Then his program would allow us to view your pic and spin it to be viewed from any angle.

So the above scenario could be used for a golf green.  You choose a hole location as the center point, hook a camera to a boom, and then shoot a continuous 360 degree image of the green while orbiting the camera around the pin location from the boom.  You can see the amount of setup that would require for each pin location for every hole.  How long a boom would you need...100 foot....150 foot?  Or, you could simply circle the green with the camera facing the desired location.  Then the program would replicate all the topography of the green surrounding that specific pin location.  You get the idea.  Obviously WGT hasn't taken things to that level but they could.  I'm sure it would not be an inexpensive undertaking by any means.

The only people who truly knows what it takes are the WGT course designers themselves.  Hopefully they learned a few thing with the courses prior to Wolf Creek and the much anticipated release of that new course will blow us away.  That's what we're all expecting, right?

We will soon see.

Paul

P.S. I miss hitting them with/versus you so Invite me for some alt-shot ffs....oh wait, you can't...you dropped me from your FR list...pfffffft.  :-)

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 10:48 PM

"P.S. I miss hitting them with/versus you so Invite me for some alt-shot ffs....oh wait, you can't...you dropped me from your FR list...pfffffft.  :-)"

Friend request sent.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 11:46 PM

Naugahyde:
    I don't think they would do that.

But, if we can believe a former statement of MisterWGT, the former CEO Chad, there ARE pics for (at least) a second pin set on every course. KIA was the apparent exception - there they would reassess the existing pics (with one pin set preplanned) to find spots for a second set. This might explain some less-than-perfect views on these holes.

Nevertheless, WGT hasn't published a second set for most courses starting with OLY. MER is a notable exception.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2018 5:15 AM

The old Tiger Woods golf game CD shipped with a course designer(almost 20 years ago) and anyone could create a golf course and most of the 1000's looked every bit as good as the ones here.

Surely Wgt with all its resources could do this and give the players choices other than a handful that we have now.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 7:28 PM

turfsand:
    c'mon WGT Champion, how about a smidge of encouragement?

Ditto and to Lonnie's comments about multiple pin positions right above that.

There would be less complaining about lack of new courses if we had multiple pins on existing courses, which somewhere along they way WGT said they had photographed for.

As for new course, I'll believe it when I see it.  I have been hearing about Wolf Creek for over a year and, in my 6 years in WGT, every new course has been introduced in April-May so we are 9 months away at best.

Tom.

RSS