Forums

Help › Forums

Private messaging

Thu, Sep 13 2018 3:38 PM (7 replies)
  • Goedemoed
    1,958 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 3:01 AM

How do one send a single message through the wgt private message system to a group or multiple number of friends at once?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 3:04 PM

PMs here in WGTland are 1-on-1...this isn't fb.

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 3:56 PM

Goedemoed:

How do one send a single message through the wgt private message system to a group or multiple number of friends at once?

Discord

• biggunky
    156 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2018 4:37 PM

Discord is a wonderful venue. Just saying

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 1:12 AM

You can do it, there is a catch though.

Go to a friends profile and click send message.  Then, when the message box appears, click behind their name in the recipients box.  Start to type the user name of another friend who you want to get the same message, suggestions will be made as you type.

There is where the problem arises though.  You can only add friends who are among the first 20 on your list.  First as in oldest, so, when you view them all, the last.

It's a real pisser and I've never seen a decent answer as to why it's this way.  You can get one friend who isn't in that 20 included if you start the message to them, the rest have to be among the first 20 friends you added here.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 12:13 PM

MainzMan:

You can do it, there is a catch though.

Go to a friends profile and click send message.  Then, when the message box appears, click behind their name in the recipients box.  Start to type the user name of another friend who you want to get the same message, suggestions will be made as you type.

There is where the problem arises though.  You can only add friends who are among the first 20 on your list.  First as in oldest, so, when you view them all, the last.

It's a real pisser and I've never seen a decent answer as to why it's this way.  You can get one friend who isn't in that 20 included if you start the message to them, the rest have to be among the first 20 friends you added here.

Wow...how the 'ell did you figure that one out?  That's a 3 martini night for me...in order to get in that researching frame of mind. :-)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2018 6:52 AM

pmm711:

Wow...how the 'ell did you figure that one out?  That's a 3 martini night for me...in order to get in that researching frame of mind. :-)

5 gin night mate : )

Nah, I can't honestly claim to have discovered  this.  I can't remember when I found out about being able to send to many people, it was many years and way more gins ago.

I think I found out about the 20 first friends flaw when I wanted to add someone outside that and posted a question asking why it didn't work in the forums.

Some knowledgeable person told me about it, all I do now is pass that info along.

RSS