• Jadlong
    273 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 12:40 PM

Your kidding.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2018 3:10 PM

Cliff Notes:

Check your green speed on the First green.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 10:37 PM

goldeena:

Anyone who is using putting prediction needs to be aware how WGT 'mix and match' the subjective description of greenspeed (i.e. 'fast', 'very fast', 'championship'...e.t.c...) and the stimp.

So you might get 'very fast 11' which most of us are used to, but you might also get 'very fast 10'.

What this means in terms of your prediction is that the multiplying factor and the reference grid become 2 seperate variables so:

Very fast 10 - multiplier 0.9 referencing a 21 inch grid

Very fast 11 - multiplier 0.85 referencing a 21 inch grid

Fast 10 - multiplier 0.95 referencing a 24 inch grid

Very fast 9 - multiplier 0.95 referencing a 21 inch grid

e.t.c.....depending on how you have your putting predictors set up in the first place.

But you really must read your screens and select the appropriate version of your predictor because this has cost me a number of birdies until I only just twigged it in a ready go on Olympic.

I had only made 1 birdie in 4 holes and kept missing by a small margin but consistently short, then I realized what was happening, made the adjustments and proceeded to rattle in birdies for the last remaining 5 holes!!

Might just make my money back this time, but a lesson learned in to the subtle nature of the game conditions - they really are a wiley old fox aren't they WGT, but not as wiley as deena, lols!!

BUZZZZZ  Times up!

goldeena:

It is the abillity to 'cotton on' that seperates a consistent winner from an occasional winner in the top tier, the margins are miniscule and the smallest things make all the difference.

*************************************************************************************************

Yesterday I also had a tourny (which I have since nailed down the speed for), as 'fast 8' which really threw me off being used to 'fast 10' maybe 'fast 9' but never 'fast 8', I am used to 'slow 8' so I putted a ball with the multiplier for slow green speeds and it was way too hard!

Does 'fast 8' mean a slow-fast greenspeed if you understand? Like you would take the multiplier for a fast green (1.0 at the moment) and add a bit to it, so say x 1.05? well this certainly has worked for me so I guess that is what you do....

But what do these stimp numbers really mean? Anyone who knows can please advise me on this

so:

'slow 8' is X 1.2 

'fast 8' is X 1.05

But how would you figure that out if you were just given the information 'fast 8' how do you use the stimp figure to calculate your multiplier (other than trial and error like I did).

The game was also advertised as 'standard' which then becomes even more confusing, I am guessing 'fast 8' is the same as 'standard' right? well the multiplier certainly says that's true but why advertise as one greenspeed and then present it as something else in-game?

Any advice on these stimp numbers and how to calculate your multipliers from them greatly appreciated.

My findings:

At the moment I take the standard speeds with the standard stimps then add 0.05 to my multiplier as the stimp reduces, e.g.

Very Fast 11 - x0.85

Very Fast 10 - x0.9

Very Fast 9 - x 0.95

All with a green square referenced to 21 inches

BUZZZZ  Time's up! (2nd violation...you LOSE)

RSS