Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 10:00 AM

RANGER1988:

Such a great Final in the Upper Bracket, well done to both Teams, a major accomplishment to get that far with all of these great Pairs! 

Congratulation's Keith and Yiannis for winning the Upper Bracket, take a nice little break Fella's, we will find out soon who you will be facing in the GRAND FINAL!

Thank you very much Ranger!! Much appreciated pal!!

I would like to thank you also for the per severity and tenacity to run this tournament.

We will be waitin...

:)

• JMH1
    285 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 5:15 AM

Things seem to have stagnated in the bottom bracket. Unless I'm misinterpreting the deadlines, JMH1/Killer52 should be playing Kavvz/ColumbusStorm for the bottom bracket final now since none of the other matches have been played and it's now Jan 18?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 5:37 AM

It certainly looks like this tourney has stalled.  An update would be appreciated Topper.  

There's a bottom bracket round 6 game yet to be completed...

Hang on to your butts Yiannis/Keith...gonna be March.  :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 7:37 AM

Kersh and I are playing Bonzo and Spankee on Sunday, round 7 I think.

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 8:46 PM

Good Day, Folk's

Now that the Holiday's have departed, it's time to get rolling again, below is the last segment break down in the Consolation Bracket.

In Round #7, we have 1 more Match scheduled to be completed on Sunday 1/20/2019 between Bonzo1951/Spankee6348 VS Kersh1976/DodgyPutter on Kiawah (F9)!

In Round #8, we have 2 Matches to be played by 1/25/2019

Match #1: winner of Match above VS gibb1971/deepstuff13

Match #2: WalKofLife/Spazzstick VS TheGuyDownstairs/Jediknight Both of these Matches to be played on Congressional (B9)

In Round #9, we also have 2 Matches to be played and be completed by 1/30/2019

Match #1: Kavvz/ColumbusStorm await the Winner of Match #1 from Round #8

Match #2: JMH1/Killer52 await the Winner of Match #2 from Round #8, Both of these Matches to be played on Merion (F9)

In Round #10 (Consolation Semi-Final) to be completed by 2/5/2019

There will be 1 Match in the Semi-Final Round, It will be the winners in each Match above in Round #9 facing off for the chance to go to the Consolation Championship to be against bluey403/tseeqhim for the opportunity to make it to the Grand Finale against the Upper Bracket Champion's: KeithJ/Yiannis

In the Semi-Final Match it will be played on Chambers Bay Full 18

Wolf Creek will be hosting both Championship Matches played on Full 18 setting!

Best of luck to those remaining Teams left, sorry for the delay, but real life has had some twists and turns, so let's move on!

Thanks,

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 8:48 PM

Good luck all :) :) 

- Carl

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 11:29 AM

RANGER1988:

In Round #8, we have 2 Matches to be played by 1/25/2019

In Round #9, we also have 2 Matches to be played and be completed by 1/30/2019

Hey Topper, may I ask why round 9 only gets 5 days to complete while others have had 4/5 weeks

26/27 is unlikely to work out for 4 players seeing as its the weekend and round 8 will have just been completed. 

Which leaves round 9'ers Mon, Tues, Wed only.   

While I'm confident those remaining will get their matches scheduled pretty quickly, I'm not sure it'll happen that quickly.  

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 12:02 PM

Well Brad, it’s mainly because I’m an idiot, it was midnight when I was writing this, so I’m sure a few days won’t hurt of course!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 12:14 PM

RANGER1988:

Well Brad, it’s mainly because I’m an idiot, it was midnight when I was writing this, so I’m sure a few days won’t hurt of course!

LOL. This is what's making this work, however slowly it is. Your willingness to be flexible on scheduling. The tournament has lost its head of steam but is still chugging along and will get finished. Remember, this is a learning experience so stick out the growing pains and it'll get right.

Something to maybe think about next year would be to section off the time zones and have competitions within those time zones to get to the finals. The final matches shouldn't be too hard to coordinate because if you made it that far you're going to make it work.

Sectioning the time zones would also let you set a stricter schedule for match completion and you could arrange it so the loser's bracket is only a week behind the winner's bracket. That way the winners only wait a week to see who they're playing.  :-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 3:41 PM

RANGER1988:

Nawww @ midnight understandable it's all good.

Sure do appreciate the commitment to this tourney Topper; we've learned a lot and will no doubt have it running smoother next time.  

RSS