Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 4:07 PM

DodgyPutter and Kersh1976 knocked out YankeeJim and Douggongles. Was a good run, pard.

A big thank you to DP and K for their efforts in making this happen. DP tried to play the sleepy card early but was exposed real quick by the shooting and K had to hurry home to make it. Wine was involved, I think.   

Another thanks to Ranger for the holiday extension and for learning the ropes here. You're doing it, T.  :-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 12:39 AM

Lol, we all had our moments good and bad but my p's putting and leving me an unmissable one on the last made the tiny difference we won by.

Thanks for the fun game and you guys made at least as much effort as we did to get it played.  Thanks again.  

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 12:18 PM

It wasn't the greatest of matches when it came to quality, but it went all the way which added to the excitement or in my case terror. Jim is always good fun to play with and it turns out so was his partner.

Thanks for the game guys. 

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 11:00 AM

Just wanting to wish everybody left in this wonderful Tournament all the very best.

Quality Competition Topper brother.

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 9:58 PM

The final of the Upper bracket is set For 22.00 GMT Saturday 12/01

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 8:23 AM

bluey403:

The final of the Upper bracket is set For 22.00 GMT Saturday 12/01

Gizza shout Pete if anybody streaming it please bro

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 1:49 AM

firstly I just wanna say thanks to one of my great friends here on WGT

RANGER1988, Topper ,Todd

He had the vision and desire to put this event out there

Unfortunately for my partner Cort who I have known from enjoyin some great games when I was playin with CS,,,, loved my time there and much praise to Ed, Russ and the crew

Sounds like I am ramblin , and I am

Good win Keith  & Yiannis  guys. Lets meet agasin 

woohoo

• RANGER1988
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 6:01 AM

Such a great Final in the Upper Bracket, well done to both Teams, a major accomplishment to get that far with all of these great Pairs! 

Congratulation's Keith and Yiannis for winning the Upper Bracket, take a nice little break Fella's, we will find out soon who you will be facing in the GRAND FINAL!

• JMH1
    285 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 6:57 AM

Thanks a whole bunch for setting up and administering this tournament, Topper, and especially for putting up with all the unnecessary abuse along the way.

I'm looking at the Bottom bracket to see how things are progressing and either I'm misinterpreting the deadlines or that part of the chart needs to be updated with some forfeits. As I read the published timeline, our (Killer52/JMH1) prospective opponents have until Jan 17 to complete their match and there are a whole bunch of missed matches in the upper half of this consolation bracket that need to be dismissed.

Am I correctly interpreting the deadlines on the first page of this thread?

Jack

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 9:55 AM

bluey403:

firstly I just wanna say thanks to one of my great friends here on WGT

RANGER1988, Topper ,Todd

He had the vision and desire to put this event out there

Unfortunately for my partner Cort who I have known from enjoyin some great games when I was playin with CS,,,, loved my time there and much praise to Ed, Russ and the crew

Sounds like I am ramblin , and I am

Good win Keith  & Yiannis  guys. Lets meet agasin 

woohoo

It was a great/intense game. We had an early advantage (3 up) but guys fought back pretty well and we ended up 1 down facing the 18 hole. On my putt, i was lucky enough to get away with a birdie, meanwhile Cort was unlucky. So, the game went to SD for the final 1 up.

Thank you much gents!! Be sure we can play together anytime!!

PS

Hope it wasn't too early for ya B!! See ya pal!!

PS2

Need to say this...time difference was 18 hours but we managed to have our game pretty nicely, which proves that if and when you are taking things seriously, there always has to be a way to do things.

RSS