Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 12:52 PM

twinponds169 and I just finished our B 9 Merion. 

What a GREAT game with great conversation. I had the pleasure to play with a gentleman who plays a strong comp. What an enjoyable experience.

twin wins 2UP. TY for the game my friend  and GL moving forward.

GOD BLESS Dennis and his family. TY to shedlite for putting together an absolutely well organized Memorial Tourn.and TY to everyone who has participated in remembering the Legend of the Forums and a gentleman who was well spoken, honest, and truly straight forward with no gray areas in his friendships. Jeff

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2018 8:27 PM

overtheedge:
    GOD BLESS Dennis and his family. TY to shedlite for putting together an absolutely well organized Memorial Tourn.and TY to everyone who has participated in remembering the Legend of the Forums and a gentleman who was well spoken, honest, and truly straight forward with no gray areas in his friendships.

+1000 Very well said.

We had an absolutely great game today, Jeff and I. Started out by driving to 12 feet of the pin on the 10th, Jeff to 31 feet and then dropping the putt for an eagle to put the pressure on! I survived that one. Jeff's putting was outstanding considering the difficulty of the greens. I got lucky with some darts that helped negate putting and squeaked out a win near the end. Great game playing with a fine gentleman and fellow New Yorker.

Thanks again OTE and thanks to Bill and others involved in a great memorial tradition to Dennis. May his spirit and class carry on as he lived it.

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 3:48 AM

Round of 32 completed early let the round of 16 begin

9hole match play at Pinehurst No.2

• 19cltc67
    3,296 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 4:31 PM

myself and brad got our round in

went in front early, but i was all over the place most of the game

bunkered twice on a par 5, that always helps.....

had to play extra holes, were i managed to get a nice wee double bogey :)

regardless, brad had the hole birded, so game over, and deserved win

gl in the rest of the tournie bud and wellplayed, enjoyed

07 Sep
    kavvz defeated 19cltc67 in a 9 hole match play game on PINEHURST NO. 2
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 7 2018 5:47 PM

19cltc67:

myself and brad got our round in

vgg Bill enjoyed the round and it could have gone either way.

Unfortunate on the last but you kind of had to give that putt a good run seeing as I had pre much a gimme.  

cheers!

brad

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 2:15 PM

Tygerjr and I played our match today. It was a great game with lots of birdies. I won it 2 and 1 and he plays very well. 

Thanks to everyone that has put all the time into having this great tounament. You guys are awesome!!

09 Sep
    claremoreblue defeated tygerjr in a 9 hole match play game on PINEHURST NO. 2.
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 12:26 PM

Well Qputts (Robert) and I got our game on and what a blast it was..

It took us 12 holes to finally finish but every hole was a gem.. I got lucky to take the win!

Raising glasses/cups to Dennis, Having a laugh and streaming the game for others to have a laugh, What could be better...

Found a new friend in Robert and that is what this Memorial to Dennis is all about.. Fun and friendship and the inevitable strange happenings which I think is down to you know who :-!

Hats off Bill for a super Tournament..

All the very best to you all

Chris

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 7:54 PM

Just an update on the ball markers for this years tournament. The supplier FORGOT to send them last week.

After a BRIEF conversation this morning, I was informed, they will arrive on my doorstep this Thursday. If by some insane choice, they do not, I told the supplier I would drive down and RECEIVE them myself, on HIS door step.

I have a really good feeling they'll be at mine on Thursday. ;-))

There is still some room for any stragglers, that would like a memento of the generosity, Shed and others have put together this year in remembrance of a fine human. 

Joe

☢--------------<*{{{{{-(

• Qputts
    453 Posts
    Tue, Sep 11 2018 8:00 PM

Echo the sentiments of Chris.  We had a loooong and enjoyable stroll around PH2.  Huge thanks to Bill and the crew for another fine year of 'The Andyson'.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 9:36 AM

I've never been one for freebies, but the Andyson ball markers are such a great idea and treasured keepsake. I would certainly take one if there are any left. I have the one from MrCaddie last year in a little display box on my desk and look at it every day.....Romax.

gonfission:

Just an update on the ball markers for this years tournament. The supplier FORGOT to send them last week.

After a BRIEF conversation this morning, I was informed, they will arrive on my doorstep this Thursday. If by some insane choice, they do not, I told the supplier I would drive down and RECEIVE them myself, on HIS door step.

I have a really good feeling they'll be at mine on Thursday. ;-))

There is still some room for any stragglers, that would like a memento of the generosity, Shed and others have put together this year in remembrance of a fine human. 

Joe

☢--------------<*{{{{{-(

RSS