Forums

Help › Forums

2018 Andyson Memorial Bracket Eliminations

Sat, Oct 13 2018 7:24 AM (207 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 12:26 PM
    Damian, "Mainzman" is an awesome player and friend. We had a fun match if you didn't see the bogey's I was making on occasion lol. I hate that only one of us can move on but am grateful for the game brother. We did play all 18 just for giggles. 31 Aug claremoreblue defeated MainzMan in a 18 hole match play game on MERION GOLF CLUB.
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 7:01 PM

Wow congrats to you both...gotta ask tho...did u play the back 9 first ?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:09 AM

conveyorguy:

Wow congrats to you both...gotta ask tho...did u play the back 9 first ?

Thanks.  We played the full 18 holes in 1 round.  We agreed 9 holes seemed a bit short for a good friendly game and figured nobody would mind us going for 18.

Not sure who this mystery Dennis is though, other than the lost comrade we're doing honour to :  ))

See you soon for another round I hope.

Damian, aka Dennis ;  )

• ider75
    201 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 3:18 AM

Me and bogeyplus  played oure match yesterday was a close run.

Both flopd in for eagel on 10th to a good start he went 1 up on 2nd then i took it to as 

then ul he hit the lip on 18th to end up in bunker and i stuck it close.

ider75 win 1up.

Cheers

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 4:53 AM

Don't forget to sign up for a ball marker, if you haven't done so, as of late. They will be going out next week.

Joe

• dekronk
    238 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 5:53 AM
    Just finished a game with wmkyle. He won 3 up with a brilliant putt on the first hole and and a bad putt/miss from me didn't help matters but was a well played game and deserved win Bill. Good to meet you and all the best in the next round/s. Thanks again to Shed for organising. Cheers Bob
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 7:50 AM

Amateur4sure 2&1 over Mystry78. A very well deserved win by a fine player and a gentleman in memory of Dennis!

Thanks again to the organizers of this great event.

Frank

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 8:01 AM

Frank and I raised a glassto Dennis at the start of the game although mine was empty after spilling it (coffee) all over my mouse mat lol

A super fun game with a lovely Guy played in the perfect manner..

We came to the conclusion that Dennis may have had words with WGT during this game and was having a serious laugh at our expense..

A fine game with a new friend and Gentleman, Thank you very much Frank.

Go Dennis..

Chris

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 12:13 PM

Conveyorguy and I got it on this evening (eventually...I was fast asleep in bed at the original scheduled time, but Mike was cool about it and out we went 2 hours later than planned).

My irons and putter obviously appreciated the nap as both were working quite well....don't think I've ever had a shorter birdy putt to the front pin on 15 before.  Mike JUST missed a couple of putts, which helped Newcastleb run out the winner this time.

Thomas

• wmkyle
    438 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 2:57 PM

Finished my Match against  dekronk ( Bob) I ended up winning, but also enjoyed the conversation with him as we Reminisce about Andyson and also another one we lost not long ago and that was Sweetiepie ( Don't know if I wrote that right)  But I'm sure many remember her. Cheers to all that have played here as we move forward. Everyone is a winner here.

Bill

RSS