Forums

Help › Forums

Can't hit 3w off of fairway

Tue, Aug 14 2018 6:58 PM (5 replies)
  • SCMatt33
    8 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 4:41 PM
    So I was playing a coin match on mobile and for my second shot, I was about 225 yards away and hit 3w out of the fairway, I mishit it a bit but still well within the light blue, but the ball only went about 100 yards into deep brush causing me to lose any chance to win the match. Couldn't save the replay since it's mobile. Is this a bug or is there a reason that you can't hit a 3w off the fairway in mobile sometimes? If I can't, shouldn't the game be suggesting clubs that I can hit like when I'm in deep rough or a bunker?
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 5:32 PM

Curious....  did you, by chance, save a replay?   Or, not being familiar with mobile play, can you even save replays? 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 5:45 PM
    If there is a high elevation in front of the ball, a 3w may not clear it and therefore not travel very far.

Maybe if you can specify the course, hole and position in fairway, someone might be able to give you a reason.

Also did the display specify ball in fairway or was it just visual that the ball was in the fairway. Sometimes the display will show the ball in the fairway, but it really is not in the fairway.

• SCMatt33
    8 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 5:54 PM
    So the elevation could have been a problem. It was Erin Hills. I can't remember the hole number as they don't display it during a coin match, but it's the one where you have to hit your drive on top of a big hill, doglegs to the left, then has the green on top of another hill protected by a bunker and the hole is normally cut front left. It was definitely on the fairway though. If I did hit the lip of the hill, how can I tell what club I need to clear it? When your in a bunker, they normally suggest a club that can clear it, but the 3W was the autosuggested club and any less club would mean laying up short of that bunker , so it's something I'd rather not just assume i can't make every time if it's very situation specific. As for a replay, mobile doesn't have it built in. You have run third party apps to capture it, but it's not something I normally do since you have to just record everything and not pick what you want to save as you hit the shot.
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 6:34 PM

SCMatt33:
    So the elevation could have been a problem. It was Erin Hills. I

For an explanation of probably what happened, see this thread and especially read fmagnets' post.

http://www.origin-www.wgt.com/forums/p/479246/3262347.aspx#3262347

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 6:58 PM

SCMatt33:
    So I was playing a coin match on mobile and for my second shot, I was about 225 yards away and hit 3w out of the fairway, I mishit it a bit but still well within the light blue, but the ball only went about 100 yards into deep brush causing me to lose any chance to win the match. Couldn't save the replay since it's mobile. Is this a bug or is there a reason that you can't hit a 3w off the fairway in mobile sometimes? If I can't, shouldn't the game be suggesting clubs that I can hit like when I'm in deep rough or a bunker?

Yes, happens me a couple of times the past week, also with a 3w (235), hit it from the fairway & get 100 yards, even i was thinking maybe choose the driver by mistake, but no

it's obviously ANOTHER glitch this game has, a new one & counting

RSS