Forums

Help › Forums

Terrible ball roll

Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:46 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fuzzgrip
    1 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 9:51 AM

Anyone have any tips on chipping and putting with awful ball roll, when yardage and swing speed are right on, but the ball rolls sideways or barely moves after the swing? Its awful......

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 10:15 AM

• mjglanzer
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 10:15 AM

sounds like you are shanking it

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 11:43 AM

It’s a repetitive game. So yeah, practice and play more, even then, it’s never enough. I play a lot, I know the shots, and most of the time I know where my shots should land. Most of the shots we miss are from bad execution, cause mostly by missing the meter mark. Take mental notes, especially ones that you thought you made good shots but it’s nowhere near your target. Those what I call WTH shots.

• pjctas0822
    4,549 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 12:15 PM

Ive made some of my best shots missing the ding...Once you learn where you miss the ding more often then not ...adjust for that miss and still try and hit the ding. That way if you miss where you normally miss you will still be safe. Does that make sense ?? They didnt have meter stats when I first started playing but now we do. As far as ball roll.....Hit the ball on the top end by moving that dot accordingly....Driver equipment also matters and type of ball. You gotta find your combo and work with that. I get plenty of Ball roll when I want it. 

Have fun too. ⛳

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 1:30 PM

pjctas0822:

Ive made some of my best shots missing the ding...Once you learn where you miss the ding more often then not ...adjust for that miss and still try and hit the ding. That way if you miss where you normally miss you will still be safe. Does that make sense ?? They didnt have meter stats when I first started playing but now we do. As far as ball roll.....Hit the ball on the top end by moving that dot accordingly....Driver equipment also matters and type of ball. You gotta find your combo and work with that. I get plenty of Ball roll when I want it. 

Have fun too. ⛳

Before we hit the meter, we have our target, either ding it, or left and right. The problem is, hitting that target, meter stutters, or for whatever reason we miss that target, and that cause bad execution. If we can ding it all the time, this game would not be as fun. Difficulty factor is what makes me play this game, I can challenge my skill, and that is my Fun factor.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 1:50 PM

fuzzgrip:
    Anyone have any tips on chipping and putting with awful ball roll, when yardage and swing speed are right on, but the ball rolls sideways or barely moves after the swing?
    Just to exclude it: Be sure not to chip or pitch from rough!

• pjctas0822
    4,549 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:15 PM

SlickHunter:

pjctas0822:

Have fun too. ⛳

Before we hit the meter, we have our target, either ding it, or left and right. The problem is, hitting that target, meter stutters, or for whatever reason we miss that target, and that cause bad execution. If we can ding it all the time, this game would not be as fun. Difficulty factor is what makes me play this game, I can challenge my skill, and that is my Fun factor.

Yes Sir ...KEYWORD = FUN +1     👍

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:19 PM

In addition to what everyone else has said, you also might want to consider joining a country club. 

• mjglanzer
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 3:44 PM

yes just practice practice practice hitting your dinger

• PAGES
RSS