Forums

Help › Forums

Who is your favorite golfer

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:44 PM (27 replies)
  • TeddyBearTed
    2 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2009 1:52 PM

Padraig Harrington would have to be my favourite just for spirit alone, although my favourite golfer of all time would have to be Seve Ballesteros the man was a genius and i was lucky enough to get his autograph at the Bell`s Scottish Open in 1986. A true gentleman of the game.

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 9:38 AM

I fully agree on Seve, he is really a genius and I like a lot his game. Paradoxally we think that these great players are arrogant but in fact they are very modest and kind...

• DONNADEMPO
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2009 1:55 PM

over the past few years i have had the pleasure to meet some of the proffessional golfers. i am freinds with an english golfer called david howell. he has pplayed in the ryder cup and beat tiger woods twice including in the dunhill cup. so i have been with him to tounraments around a few courses in the uk. i have met sergio garcia,lee westwood,paidraig harrington,nick faldo and seve and a few more. my fav is lee westwood. i find them all gracious and very nice people,not arrogant at all.lee westwood even signed his driver and give it to me.oh also met bruce forsyth. now he is funny and loves his golf.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 4:57 AM

Mine changes with monotonous regularity. Favourite of all time would have to be Seve, and not just for sentimental reasons.

Of the current crop, choose any one from Harrington, Monty, Garcia or Els, depending on my mood, and just to prove I'm not completely Eurocentric, a special mention to Mickelson who I've seen a couple of times when the Open has been in my part of the world (Lancashire, England).

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 5:00 AM

Damn - forgot to mention Westwood. Great golfer, nice guy from relatively humble beginnings. Still relatively rare for a top golfer in this country, sadly!

Sean

• TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2009 11:36 AM

For swing......I agree, Freddy Couples hands down.  Very very few have that good a tempo and smoothness, coupled (yes pun intended ;) ) with power.  Have seen him play several times and nothing seems to bother him.

Second would be Phil, I was lucky enough to play with him a couple of times when he was going to ASU and I was living in Scottsdale.  Now THAT is a magician with a wedge.  He can do more with any short shot than anyone I have ever seen (on TV or in real life)

As for Jim Furyk how can you say he has the worst swing?  Maybe an unorthodox take away, but, to impact he has probably one of the BEST approach angles of attack out there.

But that is just my thoughts 

God Bless and have a great day

• golfguy1800
    45 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2009 1:49 PM

Lumpy Herron

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 7:10 PM

+3 for freddie.

the US Open Challenge where the 3 celebrities & 1 lucky winner got to play BPB and see who could break 100, freddie was caddying for one of the celebs.  his calves looked like the size of my thighs.  no wonder he can hit the ball so far!

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 11:19 PM

mine right here.!

• GSpinks1962
    106 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 4:37 AM

My would have to be Stan Utley. Though he won on both the Nike and PGA Tour he couldn't hit the ball far enough to make it big. He is now a techer to the pros.

RSS