Help › Forums

Who is your favorite golfer

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2009 9:44 PM (27 replies)
  • Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2008 3:36 AM

in the world?

Let's keep Tiger Woods outside this list as he si not human!:)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2008 9:13 AM

Freddy Couples for sure.  When I was younger and still taking lessons my coach modeled my swing after Couples'.  Gotta love that extra-long smooth stroke.  He's been my favorite player since before I can remember.

Honorable mention probably goes to Gary Player only because I've had the opportunity to actually play a few holes with him one time a few years back. He's about the nicest guy you'll ever meet.  Amazing sand player.  His advice to me at the time was to keep my head still. :D

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Mon, Dec 22 2008 9:31 AM

You've got such a great experience meeting Player! Wow! I dont hae good players in my country and I'm just starting playing golf...

My favorite is Padraig Harrington because he has a so smooth swing and he's always smiling!:)....

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 24 2008 7:21 AM

I have a picture around here somewhere.  If I can find it, I'll post it up.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Dec 25 2008 9:36 PM

Julius Boros

• Vardon
    50 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2008 6:23 PM

That's true!  Tiger must be from Mars or something.  In other words, he's not from this planet.  Anyway, my favorite golfer is Jim Furyk.  He is a great example of how you don't need a perfect swing to play really good golf.  He also looks like he has such control of his game out on the course.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2008 6:49 PM

Agreed, Jim Furyk has the ugliest swing.  I've seen a lot worse though.  A lady I played with one time back in my junior days would basically pick the club straight up into the full swing position.  No backswing whatsoever.  Quite weird too see but she hit it alright.

• foxysocks
    13 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2008 8:51 PM

i like vijay because he is the hardest working player in the world

• mentalhandicap
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 3 2009 4:02 PM

I met Corry Pavin a couple times and he's certainly nicest guy you could imagine,  and a great player.  I've also met Tom Lehman, Jim Furyk,  and Fred Couples.  You wouldn't know they were celebrities by talking with them.  All were very down to earth,  real nice guys, everyday "Joes",  gracious, unpretentious, humble and likeable guys.  Like talking to an old friend.  Real genuine guys. All are great diplomats for the sport.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 9:22 PM

My favorite is Tiger Woods. I also like Phil Mikelson.

RSS