Forums

Help › Forums

The Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin memorial inter cc

Fri, Aug 24 2018 1:54 AM (60 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 8:40 PM

Had a great fun game with Bob, we had lots of shots to toast Shov... somewhere in there we played 17 and I won ... I think... wait I'll just go to my twitch channel and check.... ..... ..... .... .... ..... ..... ..... ...... ...... ...... ...... yep I won... the video will be up for 14 days

Was a real pleasure and I think Brian was looking down and approved lol

Cheers Bob,

Another toast to Shov woo hoo

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 1:23 AM

A message in our forum from Ess3xGooner:

Had a great match with Phil. Was 3 up after 14, Phil pulled it back to 1 and we halved the 17th and 18th.

Essex boy wins 1 up

• Ess3xGooner
    673 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 2:40 AM

Just like to say again, it was a fun round with Phil. good company and some good golf played. I had been to the pub earlier, so there is plenty of Merlot left for everyone, lol

Thanks to Bery and Pip for setting this up and cheers Shov for kicking my putt in on the 18th!

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 5:03 AM

We've got the popcorn and beer ready for tomorrow night's match between Bubbs and Terry. All we need now is the link to Bubbs' twitch channel! :D I'm sure I speak for everyone that we don't really want to close our eyes and just imagine what's going on!!!! :D

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 7:07 AM

Sent it to Terry yesterday by message mate.

Sent it to you as well now mate.

• harry3putt1
    1,167 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:08 PM

Just had a ding dong match with pipala

Pipski wins 1 up

But more importantly it gave me the chance to catch up with a very dear friend

Pip you are a class act,  not bad at golf either :)

It went all the way to the wire with Pips putting just a little to good for me.

To all my friends at SEL

Thank you so much for giving us all a chance of celebrating the life of our great Leader Shov.

I am sure he is sitting up there with a glass in one hand, maybe a glass in the other hand as well lol. Watching down as two great Clubs do battle in his honour

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:44 PM

Thank you Harry, kind words indeed and yes it was a real pleasure to catch up with you again.

Also what a match, nobody will believe how well we played haha but we know :). One of the best match play games I can remember having and i'm so glad it was in memory of Shov, i've got a big smile on my face.

I took a slender 1up lead into the back 9 and we both hit 7 birdies down the stretch for me to nip it on the last. Great golf, great company and i'm raising another to Shov right now.

Good luck to those yet to play and beware Shov has left an empty glass over the hole on 17 :)

• bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 8:37 AM

In a swapped fixture, Finny and I will be hitting the fairways at some point on Sunday morning. I've suggested an early start so we will both be engaging in a bit of hair of the dog. Finny is possibly going to broadcast our my antics on Twitch - details to follow.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 8:56 AM

bery111:

In a swapped fixture, Finny and I will be hitting the fairways at some point on Sunday morning. I've suggested an early start so we will both be engaging in a bit of hair of the dog. Finny is possibly going to broadcast our my antics on Twitch - details to follow.

yes bez game on

8 to 8.30am sunday morning bst time.

bit too early for guiness though have to drink  tea  yuk.

link to my twitch

paulfinn52 twitch

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 1:52 PM

Bubbs wins 4 up v TMcCracken

In truth the score did not matter at all. Terry was a great friend of Brian and played regular with him and thats all that counted for me.

Terry missed some mid length putts, as did I. But i sunk some nice long ones and that was the only difference.

I wanted to concede some holes to stretch it to the last hole but it doesn`t feel right doing that, Terry certainly would not have wanted that and you can bet your bottom dollar Brian would have been shouting "Heyyyyy Shag, p1ss off doing that" ;-)

Anyway, the game lasted long enough for us to have fun.

Terry used to play Brian daily........i still wish he could do that.

R.I.P Brian.........i miss our conversations so much, and dont worry mate, i dont need my back watching now as ive lost interest in the things that bothered us on here. 

RSS