Forums

Help › Forums

Country club?

Tue, Aug 21 2018 10:55 AM (26 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 9:14 AM

Every club is different and its up to the club owners as to what is played . Some clubs have very lax rules and expectation of their members . Others are very demanding and higher expectations . When joining a club its up to you to decide at what level you wish to participate .

The types of club play you want to be a part of is your choice .  Just make sure that you know the clubs rules before you join . Dont join a club and then rock the boat . If you dont like the way a club is run then leave . Find a club that appeals to you and where you will be happy to be a part of .

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 10:35 AM

My club is fine with or without participation in these Clashes, no question about that. Main reason I’m little concern is every after Clashes, the phrase “ Thanks for all the one’s that participate” that I didn’t care for. So for a member who do not participate, might not feel being part of that team, since you only express your appreciation only to those who participate. I could have brought this up within my club, but I strongly feel it should be red by Club owners. My advise, Thank the Team as a whole..Trust me, a serious member who does not participate in these games will purposely make it up in some other way, after all, Clash game is just one of many games in a CC. So Thank your Team as a whole, not just the ones who serve your purpose. 

And  for someone wanting to join a Club, it would be best also to state your limitations, so it’s known what’s expected of you, and I will definitely take my own advice.

P.S..Please don’t get me wrong. My Club owner is a super nice Guy, always tries his best to help in many ways possible.

• Vandwemke
    296 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 12:34 PM

SlickHunter:

You were an amazing club member and very generous too. I am stunned though that one would be put off by a club owner thanking "those who participated" in reference to a specific Clash. The club owner also thanked "Those who participated" in Turf Wars, CC events etc.

I am absolutely baffled that you would run to a public forum vs taking it up with the CC owner whom you know, is very open to discussions to help and improve our club.

I guess now a days, the social web is our place to take up our personal causes. Heaven forbid we do it like the old days (before internet) and actually have to communicate and make conversation to resolve our issues. But hey, so much easier to use social media.

It's really unfortunate that you feel that way. You were asset to our club.

Mike

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:33 PM

Vandwemke:

SlickHunter:

You were an amazing club member and very generous too. I am stunned though that one would be put off by a club owner thanking "those who participated" in reference to a specific Clash. The club owner also thanked "Those who participated" in Turf Wars, CC events etc.

I am absolutely baffled that you would run to a public forum vs taking it up with the CC owner whom you know, is very open to discussions to help and improve our club.

I guess now a days, the social web is our place to take up our personal causes. Heaven forbid we do it like the old days (before internet) and actually have to communicate and make conversation to resolve our issues. But hey, so much easier to use social media.

It's really unfortunate that you feel that way. You were asset to our club.

Mike

Hi Mike, My Apology. I have several teams in my business world. I guess it’s just my natural instincts, and that’s how I tell my Team Leaders, speak of team as a whole. Maybe I should’ve taken that phrase in subject more lightly, since it’s just a game, rather than thinking of how I handled it with my team leaders.

Again My Apology 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 1:57 PM

And then there are those small, highly competitive from within CC's that recognize that clash for what it is and concern themselves more with the competitiveness within the club than playing silly golf.

Maybe give Cosa Nostra a look.  ;-)

• Vandwemke
    296 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 11:51 PM

Slick:

I wish you well, apology accepted.

Mike

• 03lavadog
    15 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 9:26 AM

Slick, I echo what Vandwemke said. However, I will take it a little bit farther. First, if I was to take a team out on patrol and they got into a firefight and handled themselves in an exemplary manner, I wouldn't go back to the rear and thank or reward the rest of the squad or platoon who did not participate. That would be asinine and a slap in everyone's face that did fight.  I also  did not participate in the last clash. I also hate them. But I sure in the heck wouldn't want someone telling me good job when I did not EARN IT. That's worse than giving participation trophies out!!  Is this why you quit your CC because someone did not thank you for something you did not do? If so, than you either are using this as an excuse to quit or your being a Bi..…...h. Either way I am then glad you quit your cc because I wouldn't want team members like that, especially over something so darn petty.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 4:31 AM

03lavadog:

Slick, I echo what Vandwemke said. However, I will take it a little bit farther. First, if I was to take a team out on patrol and they got into a firefight and handled themselves in an exemplary manner, I wouldn't go back to the rear and thank or reward the rest of the squad or platoon who did not participate. That would be asinine and a slap in everyone's face that did fight.  I also  did not participate in the last clash. I also hate them. But I sure in the heck wouldn't want someone telling me good job when I did not EARN IT. That's worse than giving participation trophies out!!  Is this why you quit your CC because someone did not thank you for something you did not do? If so, than you either are using this as an excuse to quit or your being a Bi..…...h. Either way I am then glad you quit your cc because I wouldn't want team members like that, especially over something so darn petty.

Selfishness is not in my vocabulary..When I say Thank the whole team, I was talking about the rest of the members, not me, it will never be for me. It’s just my nature to include everyone. 

• marksusie
    923 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 8:21 AM

exactly

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 10:33 AM

Wow, somebody must have hit a nerve!  I tried to remain the bigger one here, but since you decided to attack our entire club, I can't go without speaking my peace.   First off, no one asked for an apology,  so none needed.  Secondly,  not one person accused you of being selfish, all the money you threw around on the membership, was unbelieveable, unfortunately,  you can't buy friendships or respect.  Ego?  Look in the mirror, where do you get off thinking that you can speak for our entire club?  There is a huge difference, in ego, pride, and competitiveness,  we are proud,  and competitive!  Egotistical no, you're the only one to ever run away, because you didn't get praised for something that you didn't do!  You say that you teach seminars, try this concept, if want respect, praise, recognition,  try teaching the theory that John Houseman used to preach.  "Do it the old fashioned way, earn it! "  I still wish you good luck, but remember that there is no "I" in team. Please do not bad mouth ours, or any other club, because you ran away, when you didn't get what you wanted, or got your way!  

Btw, thank you for unfriending me, saved me the trouble of doing it myself!  This is signed by the really nice guy, you spoke of eariler. 

RSS