Forums

Help › Forums

CC PASSWORD ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 9 2018 5:32 AM (6 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:54 AM

A member in my cc plays alot of wgt tourneys, but when he tries to enter and play in a cc tourney, he says that he gets a message, stating that he has to enter a password.  Has anybody else had this happen, or even heard of it happening? I contacted c/s describing this, but haven't recieved any explaination, or even a response acknowledging a problem. 

Note,  that he can also play in turf wars, and clashs, with no problems.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 9:11 AM

Luckystar5:
    when he tries to enter and play in a cc tourney, he says that he gets a message, stating that he has to enter a password.
    This message makes no sense to me.

"Member of a CC" is a status of a player, visible by the indication in his profile, and visible in the CC's member list. There is no "access to CC" or "access to CC tourney".

It's a wild guess that the tourney might not be accessible from his platform. But I rather suspect that his member status in WGT's databases is corrupted, just like some owners who are owners of deleted CCs.

Here, a user's workaround might be

0) to check his membership in the list,

1) to change his member status, and later change it back,

2) to have him quit the CC and re-join, perhaps a day later.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 9:18 AM

I agree that it makes no sense, I had him uninstall the game, and reinstall it, but he said it didn't work. I'm completely baffled, but I will try your suggestions,  as they seem plausible,  thanks. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:21 PM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 1:43 PM

TopShelf2010:

Luckystar5:
    I agree that it makes no sense,

Any solutions discovered? I'm curious as to what caused the issue.

Don

I don't know yet, he hasn't been online.  But I did discover something that may have contributed.  Alosso, had some good suggestions, so I thought I'd try them, but one at a time, as a process of elimination.   Playing mobile, I have to be in here, on my cc page, so  I went to change his statis, but I also found that, even though he's listed as a club member, he was on my list of pending members. So I changed his status, and took him off pending list, and we will see what happens. Not sure how he could be a member, playing in turf wars, and clashs, but still be on my pending list, at the same time?  Snafu I guess. Thank you Alosso, for your ideas, I probably wouldn't have seen this, if you hadn't chimed in. Let's hope it works. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 10:15 PM

Thanks for the flowers, and good if it works!

AFAIK, the "pending" list has no effect (but, who knows which coding has creeped in!)

It's not so unusual to have players both listed as members and pending. I'm guessing that there was some double effort to join (e.g. invitation by CC AND player). Of course, one remained unsolved and "pending" forever.

IMHO, the "pendings" may be deleted or left there without consequences, at the owner's discretion.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 5:32 AM

Well, as of now, problem is still unresolved.  Sent yet another email to c/s, icon, and the judge, and haven't heard a thing, from any of them.  Thanks for trying guys, it's flusterating,  I wish somebody, from wgt would just say something, anything, but yet I get nothing. 

RSS