Forums

Help › Forums

flag

Fri, Aug 10 2018 3:28 AM (6 replies)
  • phil6904
    65 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 9:05 AM

There is a big bug in the game with the flag. Normally, in the real game, if you hit the flag with a 7 or 4 iron or even  with a wood, the ball stays on the green and often near the flag. The flag cushion the shot. But here in WGT, the flag can send your ball 30 yards away.

I have never seen, in reality, the flag send my ball in the water or out of bounds!!

Have you ever seen a player remove the flag from a par 3, in real life? 

Usualy, you hit the flag after a realy good shot. You don’t have to be punished for it!!

Phil

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2018 4:52 PM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 2:24 AM

phil6904:

There is a big bug in the game with the flag. Normally, in the real game, if you hit the flag with a 7 or 4 iron or even  with a wood, the ball stays on the green and often near the flag. The flag cushion the shot. But here in WGT, the flag can send your ball 30 yards away.

I have never seen, in reality, the flag send my ball in the water or out of bounds!!

Usualy, you hit the flag after a realy good shot. You don’t have to be punished for it!!

Phil

It can and does happen.Just watch Tiger Woods @ the Masters in 2013 hit the stick on #15 and end up in the water. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 6:28 AM

borntobesting:
    It can and does happen.Just watch Tiger Woods @ the Masters in 2013 hit the stick on #15 and end up in the water. 

Exactly. It's not that uncommon of an occurrence on the tour.

Still, here are a couple of threads with my favorite flag hits on WGT (not my shots; they're by others). The one is a 9 iron that goes over 500 yards and the other launches toward the moon. :-) 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/312939/2221504.aspx#2221504

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/449423/3066620.aspx#3066620

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 6:40 AM

phil6904:

Phil

Yes, hitting the flag can produce some very odd shots. No doubt about that. But if players are really that concerned about it, then it's easily fixed by taking a couple of seconds to pull the flag.

And you're correct that no player would pull a flag on a par 3 in real life. It would take too much time. But, at the risk of the belaboring the point, it can be done on WGT without delaying the game.

Personally, I don't think it's that big of an issue, even given the odd shots that happen from time-to-time. Besides, I've saved as many shots by hitting the flag as I've lost due to hitting it. 

So, yes, it's a bug. No, in my opinion, it's not that big of a deal. And as the other poster noted it happens on tour (maybe not to the extreme on here). But there have been some pretty bad/unexpected results on tour by those who have hit the flag.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2018 7:26 AM

• phil6904
    65 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2018 3:28 AM

You're right.

But you can go in he water also without hitting the flag on this hole:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b73NC0gRO1g

What a terrible time for him..

RSS