7,664 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:30 AM

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 9:08 AM

Robert1893:

Dneirf:
    How is it that Dneirf exists

That's a question that has baffled philosophers for ages. 

LSD ?

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 11:11 AM

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 8 2018 2:13 PM

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Aug 9 2018 9:44 AM

• Trailblazer47
    7 Posts
    Sat, Aug 11 2018 10:15 AM

dschlapman:

Speaking only for myself. 625 Days + L100 + Legend, 

The biggest mistake I made was in making Legend.  I should have told my caddy to fill my bag with sand and stayed a Tour Master.  Game was more fun and I could actually beat other players. Now I just play skins games with cheap balls to fill in my spare time.

Completely agree!

i love the game and the competition... but the more you level up, the more difficult the game becomes.

as someone who has never spent a dime on WGT, moving up and moving the tee box back has frustrated me. I have reached the sweet spot at Tour Master and don’t plan on being a Legend. Accumulating the credits to fill my bag with decent gear was painful and time consuming. I now only watch videos and do surveys to buy balls with a bit of distance and backspin. I belong to a club that has 40+ Champions. I can compete with them because they hit from the proverbial “parking lot”. (Similar to me playing a hack)

if I leveled up to Legend or higher I would need better clubs. A vicious cycle.

also..

i’m not sure what to think about avatar apparel. I like that players can dress differently, but wonder about the benefits attributed to gloves,shoes, hats or shirts. It seems so haphazard what the box reveals. For instance, my driver goes 280 yards..with the apparel It shows 289.

My club (VMFG) requires that we play tournaments naked, no special gear, as it should be.

sometimes I wonder about WGT “improvements”. Too much tinkering methinks!

my two cents worth

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 2:54 PM

I have a free avatar and I stick with it , no extras.

What I now know is that there are two types of players here. (1) PLAYERS, those who like myself treat this as on online golf game and play it with the same integrity as real golf. and (2) GAMERS who are here to beat the game by any means necessary and available.

It would be nice to see WGT  to somehow have members declare which group they wish to belong to and add it so that you know which  type you are playing against. 

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 4:25 PM

dschlapman:

I have a free avatar and I stick with it , no extras.

What I now know is that there are two types of players here. (1) PLAYERS, those who like myself treat this as on online golf game and play it with the same integrity as real golf. and (2) GAMERS who are here to beat the game by any means necessary and available.

It would be nice to see WGT  to somehow have members declare which group they wish to belong to and add it so that you know which  type you are playing against. 

with a friend list of 5

and in a cc of 8 members surely you can work it out

play memebers of your cc

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 5:54 PM

Hi

When I joined it was just for fun. I'm not a golfer but have a competetive spirit so naturally wanted to better myself. As I improved the tiers gave me targets, and rewards, some sort of recognition that I was improving.

Sadly I agree though, it feels like years battling through Legend, and will it all be worth it?  I hope so, not just for the 225 credits and lvl 70 hybrid,  I daresay, that I can rent for 2 hrs!

Trailblazer47:

if I leveled up to Legend or higher I would need better clubs. A vicious cycle.

also..

No need for a vicious cycle, although I can recommend one

about as vicious as you could get in my time, damn thing nearly killed me and spent more time rubber side up than doing anything else. . .

Cheers!

Rich

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 8:06 PM

RSS