Forums

Help › Forums

Upgrade for my Taylor Made R11 irons

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 17 2018 11:43 AM (4 replies)
  • Martino991
    15 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 10:02 AM

Currently Level 54 player. Looking at the forum the strong advice I've picked up is to upgrade to Ping G25 (L59). As an alternative, does anyone have any thoughts on the Callaway Rogue (L52)? I find the R11s a touch quick so am looking for a slightly slower meter speed. Either would suit here. Thanks

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 10:30 AM

In my opinion, the Ping Irons would be much better.

The Ping irons are high trajectory while the Rogue irons are medium. By itself, I think that one characteristic makes them better. But I think the difference in meter speed is negligible. Also, I found the Ping irons to be more forgiving than what they're rated.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 10:51 AM

Robert's right, High trajectory clubs are the ticket. For 5 levels you might consider saving yourself some credits and use a slower ball like the GI2-S ball. You're using the fastest ball in the game-one with 0.0 for speed. Moving to a ball with 2.0 for speed will make an immediate difference you may like for the next 5 levels.  I sent you some to try. :-)

p.s., The price of those Rogue irons equates to 46 sleeves of that ball.  ;-)

• Martino991
    15 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 11:37 AM

Robert. Many thanks for your advice. It's much appreciated, especially your observation about their better than expected forgiveness. 

• Martino991
    15 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 11:43 AM

Hi Yankee Jim. Thank you for your reply to my question, and an even bigger word of thanks for the free balls - really kind and generous!! I've got a couple of the B-ES to use up and then I'll have a play with the G12-S. I tried the G1-S recently and noted there was a noticeable difference in meter speed. I'm curious to see what these are like. As a maths teacher I liked your p.s. as well!

RSS